Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
07 tundra 5.7 4wd.. problem

mileage 70k.
1) was running fine 30 minutes ago. ( never had a problem)
2)start the car- no problem
3)4Lo beeps and makes annoying beeps doesnt stop till you turn of the car.
4)put in drive - no problem
5) press gas
6) engine roars
7) car doesnt move
8)put it in neutral check 4wd .. make sure its in 2wd.
9) back to drive, gas , revs but doesnt move.
10)put back into park
11) makes grinding noise and stops.
12) restart the car and repeats all over again...
Car doesnt move!

·
Registered
449 Posts
sounds like your transfer case is stuck in between gears. check the actuator that operates the shifting

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Olathe, KS.... you cant be from olathe, ks.... thats where i'm from.

Let me know if you are still having the issue... two sets of eyes are better than one.

·
Registered
31 Posts
:mad:
Olathe, KS.... you cant be from olathe, ks.... thats where i'm from.

Let me know if you are still having the issue... two sets of eyes are better than one.
I'm out old 56 HWY, Call or text me 913-205-6663. I just picked mine up yesterday from a dealer and drove about 544 miles to get it home and the dash lights started goining crazy about 300 miles into it. When I got it home is when I started messing with the 4x4 switch and that's when I noticed the feel of my the actuator not working correctly. Finally after messing around with iton the stick, it went into gear and I got into the the garage and here we are today. The lights did go off but, the ABS light is still on solid. Let's chat!

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
What year is the truck? How many miles? Did you contact the dealer you bought it from?

Sent from my PC36100 using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
799 Posts
It was a joke.
Spammers get on forums, make a few posts and then post links for their spam site. Your posts looked suspicious since you dredged up several posts that were 3-4 years old.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Bought as is... hmm. I'm not sure what you can do about that one. I would contact the dealer in KY even though it was an as is purchase.

Sent from my PC36100 using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
450 Posts
Might check the laws for buying cars in Kentucky, some states have a 72 hour or some clause that if there is a major issue you can return it to them. Or try your bank/loan provider, they may have some routes for you to go through due to it only being 1 day out.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Might check the laws for buying cars in Kentucky, some states have a 72 hour or some clause that if there is a major issue you can return it to them. Or try your bank/loan provider, they may have some routes for you to go through due to it only being 1 day out.
Not giving it back, love it too much! Got a good price on it!

·
Premium Member
1,355 Posts
You might check the laws I don't believe there is an as is on a viechel under 100,000 miles.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts