Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this forum and am looking at an '07 Tundra 5.7 DC as a potential daily driver and tow vehicle for my racecar. I've seen numerous magazine test results, but what are you guys getting for gas mileage? Particularly, unloaded highway cruising, and while towing.

If at least a few could post your cab/bed/rear end configuration and your mileage numbers, that would be a benefit to me and other potential buyers. Thanks!

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts
I am new to this forum and am looking at an '07 Tundra 5.7 DC as a potential daily driver and tow vehicle for my racecar. I've seen numerous magazine test results, but what are you guys getting for gas mileage? Particularly, unloaded highway cruising, and while towing.

If at least a few could post your cab/bed/rear end configuration and your mileage numbers, that would be a benefit to me and other potential buyers. Thanks!
Welcome to the forum, there is a button towards the top of the page labled "search". This topic is already started in numerous threads and the information you seek can be found in them.

Thanks

·
Registered
208 Posts
Welcome to the forum, there is a button towards the top of the page labled "search". This topic is already started in numerous threads and the information you seek can be found in them.

Thanks
Oh sure! You all nice to him. My first question I got the big font, all caps, red letters, and underlined from you :D

Happy Friday

Bill

·
Registered
134 Posts

Funny - thought the post meant you were GETTING 5.7 mpg! ....

·
Registered
595 Posts
16mpg at 85mph and 20mpg at 70mph on the freeway... 13mpg on average.
42below

Tell me about your truck. Mileage, configuration, ETC.

I've got a 5.7 4x4 DC TRD Tow and I only see those numbers if I'm going down a steep hill. I wish I could get that kind of mileage (and 12mpg pulling a 6000# trailer). Once I get enough miles on it I may try Synthetic oil to see if that helps.

·
Registered
595 Posts
True. That is why I'm asking about his truck. There have been mostly good economy reports on here. I'm hoping to be one of them someday.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I am still averaging 17.6 at this point.

·
Registered
595 Posts
I wonder if your 20" tires are a lot taller than my 18" tires? Maybe that is why you are getting better mileage? Did you get good mileage right away? Do you have 4.10 or 4.30 gears? I didn't notice the tow package in your signature.

I see you have a tonnuea cover too. Did that help?

·
Registered
595 Posts
So much for that idea!

·
Registered
528 Posts
I wonder if your 20" tires are a lot taller than my 18" tires? Maybe that is why you are getting better mileage? Did you get good mileage right away? Do you have 4.10 or 4.30 gears? I didn't notice the tow package in your signature.

I see you have a tonnuea cover too. Did that help?
Its a limited model...so its a lot easier to list what I don't have. The tow package is standard on all V8 models (4.30 gears).

The first tank of gas was my worst. I alos use nothing but Top Tier gas. To read more about Top Tier gas look here Top Tier Gasoline .

·
Registered
70 Posts
My first tank was averaging pretty low as well. But once I filled it the 2nd time I was getting around 15 avg.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Its a limited model...so its a lot easier to list what I don't have. The tow package is standard on all V8 models (4.30 gears).

The first tank of gas was my worst. I alos use nothing but Top Tier gas. To read more about Top Tier gas look here Top Tier Gasoline .
Yes....top tier chevron or shell mid grade here.

However, i am seeing 14 in mostly city driving. Although, i live on a hill so it's down hill (25 mph zone) in 3rd gear about 1.5 miles, & back up hill in 4th at 25 mph. Also, a lot of stop & go & start & shutoff.
My truck is a 5.7 4x4,sr5,dc.

Cooper, are you using mid grade or reg.

·
Registered
528 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts