Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
I noticed a lot of people supercharge their tundras here. So it happens that I do not have an engine cover and would like to buy one off of someone. Write here or PM how you want to complete a transaction if possible. Preferably on Ebay with a good score or in person if somewhere on the pacific side.

Thanks everyone,
pelmen

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
I'm sure you'll find one by then, but I'll be S/C later this year. I'll sell you mine after I'm done :D

·
Registered
754 Posts
Theres a rumor on one of the threads if you stack the stock engine cover you get an extra 15HP due to the cooling effect on the engine there is a member on here who has 3 of them stacked on each other for a nice boost of 45hp.

·
Registered
315 Posts
$10 and you pay shipping.

~JH

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts

·
Registered
1,685 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Im trying to sell my tundra so I think it would just look better if I had one on there. None of that cooling and adding HP BS lol :)

@JH

If you put it up on ebay I would gladly buy it, if you have a decent score. Or I see you live in portland, I can have a friend meet you. I would prefer the second option. PM for further arrangements.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
hi, i bet it would be fun to have the 5.7 cover on a 4.7.
with minor mod, it can work.
if it does, i'd like to do it myself.
but have it custom painted like many have done.
so anyone keep me in mind.

i had a friend that works with metal. make me a SS one. all i needed to do is fit it, & put a mural on it.
but i had 2nd thought's. i didn't know if the heat would be a issue.
does anyone know that could be the case?
since the 4.7 is open except for the TB cover.

by the way jump on that cover for $10 if it's in good shape. i seen them go for alot more.
thanks,
gorilla

·
Back from the dead!
1,778 Posts
^^Post a pic of the one your buddy made.. Sounds kinda cool. I doubt heat will be an issue....

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
So... no one has any for sale or know a place to get it cheaper than the dealer?

Thanks
Throw a wanted add in the second gen classified section, i bet someone would chime in and help ya out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts