Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 07 tundra are the toyota warranties worth getting and where have you got the best price on one 7 year 100000 mile warranty

·
Registered
121 Posts
IMHO, yes, get a Toyota Platinum Factory warranty. I bought mine from Handy Toyota. Look on the ads at the left of this post. They saved me a lot of money over what my local dealer wanted. Buy Toyota, not aftermarket. Just remember, your truck has to be under 3 years old and under the 36ooo mile limit. As long as the milage is under 36000 and your in service date is less than 3 years you are gtg. :cool:

·
Registered
127 Posts
YES. Do it. You could buy it for approx. $850.

With all the AIP probelm ($4000 to replace) , etc.
110%, yes!!

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
yes, yes yes,,, buy it,,, radio breaks, differential issues, air pumps..... calipers frozen,,, shock leaks,, drive belt tensioners,,, i just names thousands of dollars in common issues...

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
So where is everyone buying them? Is handy Toyota the cheapest? Somebody told me recently that there is another dealer that's cheaper but I can't remember who it was...

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Handy Toyota offers great pricing and 0% if you cant afford the whole bill all at once.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
Handy Toyota offers great pricing and 0% if you cant afford the whole bill all at once.
Yeah I guess I didn't think about that. I have always planned to finance it so I guess Handy is where I'll end up getting it. Thanks for the reminder about that!

·
Registered
424 Posts
My truck was purchased twice from the original owner (had 9,000miles in april of 2009), so when I tried to buy the extended warranty, the warranty guru's with Toyota said they would not do it. Apparently, because it was sold twice. WTF?:beatsme: Point being...If you have the chance. I say hell yeah!

·
Registered
127 Posts
My truck was purchased twice from the original owner (had 9,000miles in april of 2009), so when I tried to buy the extended warranty, the warranty guru's with Toyota said they would not do it. Apparently, because it was sold twice. WTF?:beatsme: Point being...If you have the chance. I say hell yeah!

As long as your track is still within the 36month/36,000miles basic coverage.
They couldn't tell you NO. Go talk to another dealer.

There are few of them selling it over the phone with great price. I paid approx $900 for the factory platinum extended warranty (7yrs, 100k Miles) right before my truck hit 36k miles. I think it increase the resell value of the truck as well, since the extended warrantry is transferable.

·
Registered
173 Posts
FYI.....I just talked to a gentleman at Midwest Toyota. His name is Jerry Johnson and he was over $150 cheaper than Handy Toyota's quoted prices. He offered me a 7/100k 0 deductable platinum warranty for $889. Handy quoted $1040. If you want his number, let me know.

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up.

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
Get one IF you plan on keeping the truck for awhile... Mine is 8yr/75k and I paid $920. Actually, the dealership wanted over $1600 when I was buying my truck, but I told them I found one from another dealer (Handy) for the $920 price, and the dealership matched it with no questions asked... I was really surprised to say the least. Anyhow, I figure if I can keep this truck for the full 8 yrs, there's a good chance I'll be using the warranty at some point. Feels good knowing I'm covered until right around Jan 1, 2018... :tu:

·
Registered
92 Posts
FYI.....I just talked to a gentleman at Midwest Toyota. His name is Jerry Johnson and he was over $150 cheaper than Handy Toyota's quoted prices. He offered me a 7/100k 0 deductable platinum warranty for $889. Handy quoted $1040. If you want his number, let me know.

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up.
X2 :tu: Jerry Johnson is the man for extended warranties.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts