Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 Toyota Tundra Crewmax. I had stock electric mirrors. I recently purchased a set of 2007-08 Tundra heated mirrors.
I took off mirrors, plugged in the plugs, but no heat ?? only the electric movement works. What do I need to do now ???
Thanks for any help on this ! :confused:

·
Registered
630 Posts
I have a 2007 Toyota Tundra Crewmax. I had stock electric mirrors. I recently purchased a set of 2007-08 Tundra heated mirrors.
I took off mirrors, plugged in the plugs, but no heat ?? only the electric movement works. What do I need to do now ???
Thanks for any help on this ! :confused:

read here Towing Mirrors - TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum

I dont think there is a way it can work on the limited CM. What exact mirrors did you buy? Im looking for a set of heated tow mirrors.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for replying, but I'll probably keep the mirrors anyway. they are not towing mirrors, just power/heated mirrors. I was really hoping that I could of just plugged'em in and they would have worked. thanks !:ts:

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
if your truck wasnt wired for heat to begin with, it wont work with just adding the mirrors. how may wires do you have going into the mirrors? 3?

·
Retired Contributor
2010 Tundra/2015 4 Runner/2007 Prius
5,942 Posts
There has to be an ORANGE wire in PIN 1 of the truck connector, that is the power for the heater element in the mirror. If it is not there , then they wont work unless you wire it in.
If it is there, then someone needs to trase the wires back and see where they originate. (I can assit if needed), so we can tell if it will work by adding another or changin another component.
I do know if the PINK and PURPLE wires are in the truck harness at the mirror, then the retract function will work with the addition of the proper switch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.