Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dealer called me up to see the truck I ordered when it came in last night. Looks beautiful but I noticed it didnt have any floormats. I ordered a Limited Doublecab and find it hard to believe that Toyota would ship a truck like that without floormats being standard. He said if they werent listed on the window sticker they are not included. There was some white paper down there but no mats to speak of. I went to Target and bought a set for $30 so no big deal.

Is anyone else receiving their new Tundras with bare carpeted floors and not having to pay extra for floormats? I had heard somewhere that no Toyotas come with floormats standard.

Thanks

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts
Dealer called me up to see the truck I ordered when it came in last night. Looks beautiful but I noticed it didnt have any floormats. I ordered a Limited Doublecab and find it hard to believe that Toyota would ship a truck like that without floormats being standard. He said if they werent listed on the window sticker they are not included. There was some white paper down there but no mats to speak of. I went to Target and bought a set for $30 so no big deal.

Is anyone else receiving their new Tundras with bare carpeted floors and not having to pay extra for floormats? I had heard somewhere that no Toyotas come with floormats standard.

Thanks
Floor mats are definately an option or part of an option package, I had to add them to mine.

·
Registered
45 Posts

Thanks
YES can you believe it NO FLOORMATS.:( Bought my DBL limited last weekend and no mats. So, while I was at the dealer I just paid the 75 bucks to get the set for front and back.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just picked mine up today. It came with the Preferred Accessory Package (Z2) which includes All Weather Mats/Door Sill Protector, First Aid Kit and Front License Plate Bracket. You would think that the Limited would also have that package. Mine is the DC SR5.

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts
Just picked mine up today. It came with the Preferred Accessory Package (Z2) which includes All Weather Mats/Door Sill Protector, First Aid Kit and Front License Plate Bracket. You would think that the Limited would also have that package. Mine is the DC SR5.
Nope I bought the Limited 5.7 DC, I also had to add the (Z2) accessory package on mine. No floor mats came with it what so ever.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
The main reason they don't come with mats standard is to give the customer a choice, carpet, or all weather, or aftermarket if desired, be that quality aftermarket custom fit, or universal K-Mart/WalMart specials that bunch up under your feet and wind up tangled in the accelerator/brake pedals. Factory mats are overpriced, but the several exact fit aftermarkets are high but worth every penny. It is a one time deal, bite the bullet and get some good ones.

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts
Yeah, my last set of all weather mats lasted me 10 years, and I don't go easy on them!!!

·
Registered
528 Posts
Mine had the floormats and doorsil protectors from the factory. I bought mine while it was still on the hauler outside the dealer.

·
Registered
237 Posts
lol sounds like when my dad bought his mercedes back in the day, he got a 6 cd changer option in the back but then he didnt get a cd playet up front in the radio... the worst part is that they wouldnt touch it becuase the radio is integrated into the car so he couldnt get a different one

·
Banned
888 Posts
Base model SR5 DC's all come with mats,slideing rear glass,tow mirrors and 6 disk Stereo.
I would be asking alot of questions if mats werent in my truck when it arrived.

You cant strip them down any further,mine was $30,163.00 Out The Door !

The main reason they don't come with mats standard is to give the customer a choice, carpet, or all weather, or aftermarket if desired, be that quality aftermarket custom fit, or universal K-Mart/WalMart specials that bunch up under your feet and wind up tangled in the accelerator/brake pedals. Factory mats are overpriced, but the several exact fit aftermarkets are high but worth every penny. It is a one time deal, bite the bullet and get some good ones.

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts
Again, the floormats are an accessory. If anyone has them or their new tundra "came with them", they either ordered the floormats or they came as part of a "regional package".

Floormats are not "standard equipment" on any of the Tundra Models.
Check the Toyota website.:tu:

·
Banned
8,335 Posts
Again, the floormats are an accessory. If anyone has them or their new tundra "came with them", they either ordered the floormats or they came as part of a "regional package".

yep your correct even on my old 2000 Tundra I was charged $70 for the floor mat's and hey that's a bargain...

·
Banned
888 Posts
Have you purchased an 07 Tundra ? :rolleyes:

Floormats are part of the SR5 trim package,same thing in Mi.Tx,OK,La, etc......
Someone provide a window sticker denoting anything differnt then what I posted.

Yep !! time to Prove It !

·
Registered
500 Posts
I Canada, all new Toyota's come with floor mats and a tank of gas. My '02 and '07 came with the Tundra mats. The '02 mats were much better quality though. Anyhow, I pulled the '07's out immediately to put in all weather mats.

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts
Have you purchased an 07 Tundra ? :rolleyes:

Floormats are part of the SR5 trim package,same thing in Mi.Tx,OK,La, etc......
Someone provide a window sticker denoting anything differnt then what I posted.

Yep !! time to Prove It !
Yes, I have purchased one, no delivery yet.

You are going to hate hearing it but, You are wrong.
The floor mats were part of a regional option package, that happened to include your floormats, so of course they were on your window sticker.

It is funny you ask for "proof", Toyota Cars, Trucks, SUVs & Accessories has so much useful information on the Tundra.

See below as copied from the Toyota website (does not list floor mats). Then go look for yourself, try to build your own, check all the option packages you will see that not all SR5 option packages come with floor mats, at least in my area they don't. zip 98373.

SR5 Package
Color-keyed upper and
chrome lower front bumper
with chrome grille surround
and rear bumper
Engine skid plate
Power windows and door
locks
Cruise control
Remote keyless entry
system
Windshield wipers -- variable
intermittent
Flooring -- carpet
Fabric -- SR5
SR5 badges

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
In the SET region the mats are usually added to the SET dist sticker, a few dealers do not order the mats through the distributer with the truck, the put a 3rd sticker with dealer add on "factory" mats for 199.99 and get them through parts dept (still comes from SET). All the add on's are added at the distribution centers. Someone posted a while back that they ordered the TRD exhaust installed at factory, as far as I know unless they changed, no door sill trim, no exhaust, no mats, it is all done where the vehicle are pooled.
I tried a Texas build on an SR5 and a Limited. punched I a random Texas zip off a Frito Lay bag and of course got Plano Toyota. Checked about a dozen trucks and none had the mats from factory, they were included with either the extra mile pkgs, the Texas pkg, or as a stand-alone option for 115.00 for any truck with 4pc mats. So even the top-o-the heap Limited will come sans mats unless someone specs it on the order, and then they are added at the dist centers. Canadian spec trucks prob differ since there are less/different build pkg combo's

1 - 16 of 16 Posts