Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
The main reason they don't come with mats standard is to give the customer a choice, carpet, or all weather, or aftermarket if desired, be that quality aftermarket custom fit, or universal K-Mart/WalMart specials that bunch up under your feet and wind up tangled in the accelerator/brake pedals. Factory mats are overpriced, but the several exact fit aftermarkets are high but worth every penny. It is a one time deal, bite the bullet and get some good ones.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
In the SET region the mats are usually added to the SET dist sticker, a few dealers do not order the mats through the distributer with the truck, the put a 3rd sticker with dealer add on "factory" mats for 199.99 and get them through parts dept (still comes from SET). All the add on's are added at the distribution centers. Someone posted a while back that they ordered the TRD exhaust installed at factory, as far as I know unless they changed, no door sill trim, no exhaust, no mats, it is all done where the vehicle are pooled.
I tried a Texas build on an SR5 and a Limited. punched I a random Texas zip off a Frito Lay bag and of course got Plano Toyota. Checked about a dozen trucks and none had the mats from factory, they were included with either the extra mile pkgs, the Texas pkg, or as a stand-alone option for 115.00 for any truck with 4pc mats. So even the top-o-the heap Limited will come sans mats unless someone specs it on the order, and then they are added at the dist centers. Canadian spec trucks prob differ since there are less/different build pkg combo's

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.