Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Whow,
Are those for real???? I hope so. Is the Tundra heavier in the arse end? Seems to have more traction and more umph!!!!
I need to figure out how to email that to some guys!!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
this is my next truck, but i dont think the videos are as real as they look. it is pretty clear it pulls the chey, and the ford, but on the dodge the camera never shows the entire truck. its like they are hiding that its not a hemi.......and where is the tug a war with the titan, wich is my current truck and i like everything about it. im just ready for something different and with 0 miles

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
Whow,
Are those for real???? I hope so. Is the Tundra heavier in the arse end? Seems to have more traction and more umph!!!!
I need to figure out how to email that to some guys!!!!
Sign in to You Tube. Click on the envelope icon and put all the email addresses you want the video link to go to.

The video is fun to watch, but one of those trucks doesn't even have a limited slip differential it seems, and of course, this is not a good way to prove the trucks' real abilities. I say load up the bed with 1,000 lbs, then do the tug of war.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Plus, are they even comparing apples to apples?
Are they using the larger engine from the other three trucks?

Is the Tundra a 4x4 or 4x2? That would make a big difference.

I'm not pulling for the other 3 trucks by no means, but if someone is going to
do something like this, lets make sure we're making the right comparisons.

Either way, it looked cool!!

bb

·
Registered
260 Posts

bb
Exactly!

·
Registered
224 Posts
I think there is one on myspace that puts all the compition together on a flight line full beds, trailers, empty and brakeing performance. Check it out just type 2007 toyota tundra in the search its impressive.:tu:

·
Registered
699 Posts
those other trucks cannot be 4x4 you can see the front tires rolling backwards when the back tires are spinning. and the tires on the tundra dont spin at all.

·
Registered
73 Posts

bb
None of that should matter because everyone knows in real life that even a 4.3 chevy 2wd could out pull the meanest, biggest japanese truck ever built. These videos are obviously faked up. Just ask one of the big THREE, they'll verify it.:D

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Its easy to fake these types of tests, Awhile back there was an Explorer against a Hemi Ram, the Ram spun the wheels and the explorer took it backward, all anyone needs to do is have them spin and and they lose.

I want to see something more realistic.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I don't think these video's are faked at all, but it doesn't mean much about power, whichever one breaks traction first will get pulled all around. What it does speak for (maybe?) is the Tundras electronic traction control, which (probably) keeps the tires from spinning, thereby maintaining traction.

·
Registered
104 Posts
exactly, what I was thinking. Why does it matter what size of motor is in any vehicle. If it is spinning the tires, like the dodge, then what difference if it was a hemi. By spining the tires twice as fast going to stop the dodge from pulling backwards. In my opinion, Toyota is showing the traction cabibilities, the dodge and Ford don't have posi rear ends, but the Chevy does have a locker, it was the closest in my opinion you could see the wheels lock and unlock to the pavement. But without traction control, no truck would stand a chance. Now put them in 4x4 and that would be a whole different story, then you would be down to power perhaps, what is the odds that the trucks would spin 4 or 3 tires... maybe break the rope or put out a back window. Nice vids to send the friends though that own one of the big 3, what a raise I got from them today. :D

·
Registered
961 Posts
Stupid Vids,

The ram looked to be wining at the start, then the Ram driver floored it, on purpose to get the tires spinning. Very easy to loose with the tires spinning. The ford was a peg leg rear end, it had no chance.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I like my Tundra and I think after looking at the other trucks prior to making my purchase that I bought the best truck out there. As for those vids, too many variables. Do all the trucks have similar traction control, engines and drivetrains. Are they all 4X4's or 4X2's? What does a test like that prove? Nothing because we don't know if the vehicles were equipped alike. Stupid stunt by the dealership. They are lucky someone didn't get seriously hurt doing that. The lady/girl with the flag was right where the trucks did their stunt. If that tow strap broke she could have been seriously hurt. The drivers didn't appear to have any safety equipment on. Really amatuer thing to do. I was hoping they just lined up at a track with similar trucks and let er rip. That would be much better to watch. I was also wondering if the dealer is going to tell the new owners their trucks were abused prior to the sale.

·
Registered
6 Posts
exactly, what I was thinking. Why does it matter what size of motor is in any vehicle. If it is spinning the tires, like the dodge, then what difference if it was a hemi. By spining the tires twice as fast going to stop the dodge from pulling backwards. In my opinion, Toyota is showing the traction cabibilities, the dodge and Ford don't have posi rear ends, but the Chevy does have a locker, it was the closest in my opinion you could see the wheels lock and unlock to the pavement. But without traction control, no truck would stand a chance. Now put them in 4x4 and that would be a whole different story, then you would be down to power perhaps, what is the odds that the trucks would spin 4 or 3 tires... maybe break the rope or put out a back window. Nice vids to send the friends though that own one of the big 3, what a raise I got from them today. :D
That chevy did not have a locker thats called a chevy open rear end it keeeps swithing between wheels, the lockers fully engage meaning it will spin both tires and only disengage at the speed of 25mph if the tires are not spining. i have a chevy and trust me i know how that locker works pretty darn well. Tie a Chevy with a locker to a tree before you even start spining the wheel it will lock, and if it had a locker ou would hear it engage, because a locker locks gears not clutches like a limited slip.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts