Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I might be one of only a few but I'm really interested in setting up my black limited DC with more of a prerunner set up. I used to live in Maui and everyone there does this with Highlanders and Tacos but I think it would be bad a$$ on an '07 Tundra. I'm not talking all out but certainly suspension, wheels & tires, brush and fogs, some flares. I guess if anyone reads this and also had a similar idea I'd be interested to know where you end up finding your mods. Also, not that it will really change my mind, but what do people think of the idea?

·
Registered
77 Posts
So I might be one of only a few but I'm really interested in setting up my black limited DC with more of a prerunner set up. I used to live in Maui and everyone there does this with Highlanders and Tacos but I think it would be bad a$$ on an '07 Tundra. I'm not talking all out but certainly suspension, wheels & tires, brush and fogs, some flares. I guess if anyone reads this and also had a similar idea I'd be interested to know where you end up finding your mods. Also, not that it will really change my mind, but what do people think of the idea?
total chaos, allied, and i'm sure camburg is coming out with a front long travel kit for our cars. try deaver for rear long travel leaves. check glassworks unlimited for front/rear glass. for beadlock wheels, check out walker evans, robby gordon, champion, or omf if you want to make your own. check out dezertrangers.com forums and just read up on the subject. since the mods you are looking for sound like they are mostly bolt on, you shouldn't have difficulty finding names and websites. good luck.

·
1,768 Posts
Check out Total Chaos Fabrication they are coming out with the Long travel Suspension for the 07 Tundras' Suspension.

Regular A-Arms, etc.

What's New

Check out the News and Spy Shots. Donahoe Racing shocks are used since Donahoe Racing is up to par with designing and production

·
Registered
440 Posts
I think it is a great idea! I'll be getting the dr coilovers at some point but right now am still figuring out if there are going to be any chips/programmers etc. to let that 5.7 open up to over 400 horses. i really want a naturally aspirated tundra with close to 400 horses to the wheel for my desert play.

Any idea when we can get this? :

·
Registered
77 Posts
I think it is a great idea! I'll be getting the dr coilovers at some point but right now am still figuring out if there are going to be any chips/programmers etc. to let that 5.7 open up to over 400 horses. i really want a naturally aspirated tundra with close to 400 horses to the wheel for my desert play.

Any idea when we can get this? :

donahoe said the coilovers will be due out in two weeks. this was told to me over the phone about a week ago.

i haven't heard anything about the tc upper arms yet. i would wait for the whole LT kit since you'll probably save some money on those uppers by getting the whole deal at the same time. if you aren't getting the whole kit, i see no point in buying the upper arms anyway.

·
Registered
440 Posts
True, thanks for the info.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Any word on the tire size it will fit? I wanna run 35-37" (anything else looks to small for the truck).
Really wanna run a 13.50-14.50 in width to but am aware of fender issues... Just cant stand the skinny tire look.

I wanna go with an LT kit over fabtech/pro comp but want enough lift to clear some rubber...:)

·
1,768 Posts
Any word on the tire size it will fit? I wanna run 35-37" (anything else looks to small for the truck).
Really wanna run a 13.50-14.50 in width to but am aware of fender issues... Just cant stand the skinny tire look.

I wanna go with an LT kit over fabtech/pro comp but want enough lift to clear some rubber...:)
You shouldn't have a problem with a LT Total Chaos Kit using the Donahoe Shocks which can accomodate 0-4" lift on just the coilover shock alone. There will be the lift on the Long travel itself as the regular 1st gen. Tundra LT kit from this same company acheived 4-5" Total Lift.

With the 13.50-14.50 rubber widths, just be sure to find some right backspaced/offsetted rims on the 07' tundra and have someone test fit some tires that are equivalent in width/height when ordering at the Tire Dealers. I did this without a problem. It is required at Discount tire if they are to sell you the tires. They have to test fit them lock to lock steering and check for issues/clearance problems/rubbing and for you to figure out if you need to cut/trim to fit a 37" tire

a 35x12.50/18 size BFG fits on a revtek lift .

Just wait and be sure to check up with total chaos as they will know what will and will not fit as they and Donahoe Racing are fitting as many different sized tires/rims as they can to see what works. Even Donahoe Racing said they would post up what will work and what will require modding/cutting to fit bigger tires, as they have been testing the 07 Tundra for quite some time.

·
Registered
77 Posts
i hear allied's kit will have custom spindles too. that should add to the front lift. i'm looking forward to this kit with 10" dual rate coilovers and bumps/bypasses up front.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts