Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I'm new, both to this forum and of course to my '07 5.7l V8 Limited Tundra. I recently bought a 19' Airstream and realized that my '03 Tacoma was woefully inadequate.

I travel with two 60' dogs and wanted the CrewMax, but my local dealer didn't have them in stock. My wife and I were set on driving away with a new Tundra so we settled on a normal size double cab.

I folded up the seats and noticed two things. First there is a big black box behind on the driverside marked JBL, so clearly it's part of the sound system, I just don't know which part. Second, it seems like the seats are simply bolted on. In order to remove the seats, is it just an issue of removing the bolts, or is there wiring and possibly other considerations?

Like I said, the back area is for my big dogs and not only do they need the space, my Dalmatian mix freaks out sometimes and shreds anything in sight. There were huge chunks missing from the seats of my previous vehicles. Since we paid the extra 6K for the limited I would rather not see it go the way of a nice chew toy...

Thanks is advance -

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
It's either the subwoofer or the amp. The subwoofer would be kind of hollow and the amp would be warm.

What about the back of the front seats? Aren't they going to chew that up? Wouldn't your dogs be more comfortable in the bed with a bedrug and one of these?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's either the subwoofer or the amp. The subwoofer would be kind of hollow and the amp would be warm.

What about the back of the front seats? Aren't they going to chew that up? Wouldn't your dogs be more comfortable in the bed with a bedrug and one of these?

Yeah, the back of the front seats could sustain some damage. We were thinking we could muzzle him when we're in populated areas. That would hopefully elimante damage, of course you can't be sure.

In our Tacoma we had truck bed liner sprayed on the inside of our cap, and he chewed that off. I was really surprised. Although he has gotten a lot better.

What kind of material is that fold out cap made of? I suppose another option is to remove the back seats and get a metal grate to seperate the front cab from the rear, not unlike law enforcement K9 units.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The bigger issue here, is you are traveling with two 60 foot dogs!:eek:

Hi everyone,

I travel with two 60' dogs and wanted the CrewMax, but my local dealer didn't have them in stock. My wife and I were set on driving away with a new Tundra so we settled on a normal size double cab. -

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
I've got 95lb and 80lb dogs as well. They don't chew stuff up, but they do get nose prints on the windows of our current vehicles and their claws can make a lot of scratches on virtually everything they put their paws on. There is a solution however... it is a type of sheet that you can get that attaches to the top of your back-seat and drapes over the front and bottom parts of the seat. It makes it virtually impossible for the dog to do damage to the seat. However, since your dogs tend to be chewers, use muzzles on them when you put them in the vehicle. They will learn to be calm on drives doing that. Once they are less nervous and are unable to physically express their nervousness, they'll learn to be better in the vehicle. For now though, do what you must to ensure that they are properly dealt with. If you're interested, there are also dog seat-belts for protecting them in case of an accident...

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have an 85 lb. Lab that is trained not to chew stuff up, especially $40K vehicles. You are a very patient (or extremely rich) person to casually accept what seems to be inevitable.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Hello,
The other question - has anyone removed the back seats from the DC??? Is it much of a hassle???? My dog is a 110 pound sheperd.
thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts