Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I got my truck back from the shop and I can't help but feel a little dissapointed. With the new lift I measure 7 1/2 inches from top of the tire to the wheel well in the front and 10 inches in the rear. I didn't measure before I got the lift but the first thing I noticed is it doesn't look "level" like I thought it would. Before and after pics attached with a side by side comparison. Maybe I was expecting too much but I'd like to know what everyone else thinks. I'm thinking it needs another 3 inches up front to level it out.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
New tires will make everything look better. Just put some bigger meat on them and you'll be set.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I agree with you on it. You can tell the truck is lifted but the back end looks a little tall. Like someone else mentioned just put some bigger tires on there.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Bigger tires would make that thing looks so much better!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wheels and tires will no doubt make it look better. They are my next step but I wanted the truck to be more level or at least with less rake. I guess my only options are to experiment wth the front or take out the blocks in the rear. I'm just wondering if how my truck looks was Revtek's intent.

Thanks all for the input!

·
Premium Member
3,052 Posts
It does look 100% better if that makes you feel any better about it!

·
Premium Member
11,253 Posts
Wheels and tires will no doubt make it look better. They are my next step but I wanted the truck to be more level or at least with less rake. I guess my only options are to experiment wth the front or take out the blocks in the rear. I'm just wondering if how my truck looks was Revtek's intent.

Thanks all for the input!
most leveling kits only touch the front. a complete 2.5" lift would just bump the truck up a couple inches, but it will still have the factory rake.

if you tow or haul a lot, leave the rake...the rear will settle when the truck is loaded, it's basically factory load leveling.

like you said if you remove the blocks in the rear it should work, but you might need a 1/2" block or something to make it perfectly level...im not sure of the leveling height on the front of an 07.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts