Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, haven't really looked around yet, but anyone make a single turbo kit yet for 07+ 5.7 Tundras yet? I figured STS would have already, seems like it would not be too hard, since you can mount it like before the rear axle exhaust etc under the bed, kinda like the tacoma kits. I noticed this when I did the frame swap, view my other threads if ya wanna see it. Just brain storming here.

·
Banned
444 Posts
You'll have to make your own for now. Shouldn't cost ya but about 7k

·
Back from the dead!
1,778 Posts
7K really??? I say get a ProCharger and a stand alone EMS......

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No way on the 7K if you make it yourself, I have built many turbo systems, even did a custom remote mount on 05 F-150 , was not near 7K. A procharger would be easy to do, make a bracket, route the tube in, unless you want intercooler, get your fuel changed up and something for timing and fuel control, easy, prob not as cheap as TRD kit at 5K, but you could be close.

·
Registered
4,519 Posts
Sounds like you have some experience in this area. Some guys on this forum, who shall remain nameless, believed they too could do a single turbo setup but nothing has ever come of it. You could do the first one and then sell it to the rest of us. :heh:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would have no problem doing a kit , but people would be responsible for their own electronics with tuning etc.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Agreed that the turbo and piping aren't all that hard to do, but there isn't a good aftermarket computer available to my knowledge. I know they are out there, they just don't care about our trucks :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts