Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From a quick look inside the cabin, it appears that the front door speakers are 5x7's and the rears 5.25's. Any confirmation on this? (07 Double Cab sr5 without the JBL system)

·
Registered
96 Posts
From a quick look inside the cabin, it appears that the front door speakers are 5x7's and the rears 5.25's. Any confirmation on this? (07 Double Cab sr5 without the JBL system)
Dont have that info,
Does anyone know if the jbl 12 speaker sys. is 6 dual speakers (i.e. tweeter, cone) aposed to the non jbl 6 speaker (6 single speakers)
Sorry to hitch onto your thread but i thought they were related

·
Registered
62 Posts
Crutchfield is WRONG! Already spoke with a rep there and they know it. The Fronts are 6x9's rears are 6.5" in the DC.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Crutchfield is WRONG! Already spoke with a rep there and they know it. The Fronts are 6x9's rears are 6.5" in the DC.
That's what I thought, thanks for clearing this up.

Yes, it seems that door panels have to come off. Can anyone whose already replaced factory speakers chime in to confirm and/or elaborate on the process?

·
Registered
877 Posts
the whole process is the easiest i've found. all my stuff came from crutch. the front door is a smallish 6x9, go with the 6.5''in front and in the rear, the fit is perfect( not according to crutch, not enought space ) use the template that comes with speakers (front and rear will differ). i used polkaudios DB650s, now i will have a small amp installed. next is dash speakers.
word to the wise, when you remove the rear door panels, there is a small section in the upper rear corners that has to come off first, NOTE', when you remove this piece, also remove the small white plastic clips and reinstall them on the trim piece before reinstall, one of my clips will be there for ever, this will save you a few choice words.

·
Registered
15 Posts
(03/07 Tundra DC 4.7, 4x4 TRD) Sorry for the long response, but I would have liked to know some of this before I started. The fronts are 6x9, but the opening in the door is large enough to fit my head! I had to make custom brackets because my Boston Pro's didn’t come with any suitable bracket. I used 5.5" Boston Coax in the back doors so I had to make brackets for that too. Watch the mounting depth of any speakers you plan on putting in the front or back doors. If the window is in the down position, it (window and window bracket) sits right behind the speaker opening in the door. You have approximately 2.25" mounting depth if mounting the speaker flush with door metal. You can come off the door about 2.25" before the door panel hits.

The dash speakers are maybe 2”, if you don’t mind cutting, you could probably fit a 4” coax. The center channel space is for a factory 3.5”. I installed a 3.5” Boston coax for my center channel, direct mount. If you are willing to cut, you could easily fit a 5.5” component (driver and tweeter). Also, there is PLENTY of room under the dash for wire running, Sirius/XM modules, Ipod modules, etc. I installed both with no problem.

I you are running new speaker wire to the back doors, be prepared to take the front seats out in order to get the center panel off (the one with the front seatbelt). The wire boot that runs from the door to the cab is installed with a plastic wire harness that clips into the cab from both sides…pain in the arse! If you decide to splice into the factory wiring, which is what I did at the kick panel, the pink and white wires change to brown and yellow. I have not yet tested conductivity of the wires to see if pink turns brown or yellow.

If running a pioneer head unit, the factory antenna is a direct fit. Also, go to Best Buy and pick up a generic Toyota wire harness. It says “for all Toyota’s built after 1988”. This harness fits the 07 Tundra.

Amplifiers (if not to large) will mount nicely to the back wall of the cab. Also, if planning on putting a sub under the back seat, you can’t “shim-up” the back seat. I planned on shimming it up about ½”….no dice! The top of the seat hooks in with “J” style hooks and there are aligned bolt holes that cant be moved up without significant work.

I’ve taken most of the interior apart, so let me know if anyone has questions.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Has anyone tried installing CDT Audio EF-61NEO component (CDT Audio EF-61NEO - CDT Audio 6.5" Slim NEODYMIUM Speaker System)? It's a 6.5" component and the mid's mounting depth is only 2.187" thanks to the slim neodymium magnet. I'm looking into get a double cab or maybe a crewmax but want to know the dimension of all the speakers first so I can plan out my future audio system. It's sad to have 2" speakers in a 30K+ truck now-a-day.

·
Registered
39 Posts
There's a guy on eBay selling adapters to make mounting after market speakers a littler easier. Search for '07 Tundra Speaker'

I'm about to pull the plug on these speakers - and very likely the head unit too.

·
Registered
94 Posts
you can also just cut the factory speaker apart and use it's outer 'ring' as the base to mount your aftermarkets (seen it done on another thread).

Question, will the factory deck push 2 ohm infinty kappas with out causing the deck to turn into a smoking hole in my dash?

Tom

edit for spelling

·
Registered
76 Posts
BuyBuyDakota; ......The dash speakers are maybe 2” said:
Are the dash speakers and center speaker mounted from the top? Do you simply pry the grill off, without removing the dash, and replace the speakers? :ts:

·
Registered
112 Posts
What is the size of the sub woofer on the CrewMax Limited with 12 speaker JBL.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Are the dash speakers and center speaker mounted from the top? Do you simply pry the grill off, without removing the dash, and replace the speakers? :ts:
this is my question. i am about to replace these tweeters, but i dont want to pry that little grill off if i shouldnt.

according to this picture from the guy on ebay that sells the adapters, it just sticks in on the corners.

·
Registered
28 Posts
you can also just cut the factory speaker apart and use it's outer 'ring' as the base to mount your aftermarkets (seen it done on another thread).

Question, will the factory deck push 2 ohm infinty kappas with out causing the deck to turn into a smoking hole in my dash?

Tom

edit for spelling
This is possible but there is a nice kit that I used when I had my 05 tacoma double cab and it is the same setup for the 07 tundra double cabs. The kit is from TacoTunes - Toyota Speaker and Dash Mount Kits and it allows you to put deep 6x9's up front and 6.5's in the rear.

Its a pretty easy setup and just spaces the speaker away from the innner panels. Super clean.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Are the 6.5s really better? I had always thought that the 6x9 option was a better way to go?
i did car audio for a year before toyota. a round speaker will give you better musical accuracy and in my opinion, sound better. a 6x9 speaker will give you more cone area which in turn can produce more bass.

·
Banned
281 Posts
Component systems will always sound better. Look at the Polk setups on crutchfield.com....but make sure you ad a subwoofer under the rear seats for the best sound.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts