Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a newly acquired '07 Tundra. This morning it was fairly cold (17 degrees F).
I stopped at the store after driving about 2 miles and noticed the gauge was reading past halfway. When I came out of the store it was reading a little less than half (more like what I would expect), but when I gave it some gas the gauge fluctuated. It acted like a tach. as I revved it and took my foot off the gas, the needle would go up and down and looked all the world like a tach. It would go up to about 3/4 then down to just below half. Anybody got any ideas what's happening??

·
Premium Member
5,469 Posts
I suspect that it has something to do with the transmission heater. That will pull off a lot of heat until the trans warms up. You will notice that your heater seems a bit wimpy until you have driven a few miles.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Sounds almost like the oil pressure gauge.

You're looking at the one below the tach...and not the one below the gas gauge, right? (I'm doing that from memory so I could be wrong on the exact locations but the trans temp is on the left side adn the oil pressure gauge is on the right side)

-rockstate

·
Registered
63 Posts
Sounds almost like the oil pressure gauge.

You're looking at the one below the tach...and not the one below the gas gauge, right? (I'm doing that from memory so I could be wrong on the exact locations but the trans temp is on the left side adn the oil pressure gauge is on the right side)

-rockstate
Exactly what I was going to say

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
im thinking it was the oil pressure as well, if not you;'ve got a cooling issue..assuming u are looking at the engine temp gauge and not the trans temp guage....

·
E PLURIBUS UNUM
2,247 Posts
There is no way temp would vary that much.... I am betting it was the oil press gauge... everyone makes mistakes...

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
ok....which guage was it? (google search)

·
Don't argue with an insomniac.
5,569 Posts
Furthest down and most to the right. You might want to resize your pic though.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It appeared to be reading correctly last night on the way home. That was spooky.
My tire pressure warning light comes on for a day or two, then goes out too. I guess the truck's possessed!

·
Premium Member
5,469 Posts
It appeared to be reading correctly last night on the way home. That was spooky.
My tire pressure warning light comes on for a day or two, then goes out too. I guess the truck's possessed!
Some of our ARCTIC members have noted that TPMS will do that when it get REALLY cold but not the levels that you are at. Maybe you have some sort of voltage issue. I think you should talk to the dealer about it.:blabla:

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
I noticed that the TPMS light came on but then it must have been pretty cold to affect it. We simply re-aired the tires to be on the safe side.. and no TPMS light ever since.

Sanosuke!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts