Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i have an 08 tundra with the 5.7 I put in a 50 series flowmaster and its not what i expected, I thought it was gonna be louder but its not. At full throtle it sounds nice and deep but im wondering How can i make the exhaust louder. Resinator was cut off already. IDk if bigger pipping or should i get a different exhaust? Im open to hear everyones opinion i trully apreciate it

·
Registered
333 Posts
you may have to go to a 40 series or a louder muffler. thing is with these motors, they have smaller valves and thus the exhaust is going to be quieter.
HTH

·
Registered
175 Posts
Dump it after the muffler. Do you have a CAI? That will make it louder when you stomp on it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dump it after the muffler. Do you have a CAI? That will make it louder when you stomp on it.
i have no CAI but planin on getting one soon.. What does dump it after the muffler mean?? like take the pping off after the muffler?

you may have to go to a 40 series or a louder muffler. thing is with these motors, they have smaller valves and thus the exhaust is going to be quieter.
HTH
thanx for the info

·
Registered
383 Posts
I had the Flowmaster 50 series put on too and was dissappointed when I heard the setup when it was done. I ran a dual in/out with 3.5" tips. I went back the next week and had the shop cut out the 50 series and replace it with a 44 series muffler and it now sounds like it should. Now it has a louder and throatier sound. Swap in a 44 series and you'll be a lot happier with the sound.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I was looking at going with the 50 series SUV for my 2010 4.6L... I want something that is throaty on the outside but still more like stock on the interior of the truck... what do you guys think for that... would the 50 be ok or should I go super 44?? Thanks

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
remove second set of cats..

·
Registered
9 Posts
I put Flowmaster 50's on a year ago and I'm looking to change them out. Not loud enough. I have the pipes straight out the back which makes a little quieter sound so I'm looking at Cherry Bomb glasspacks, which may be a little to far the other way. Of course the wife will kill me but....

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
True chambered mufflers
SweetThunder or Classicchambered dont forget your H-pipe !

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
True chambered mufflers
SweetThunder or Classicchambered, dont forget your H-pipe !

1 - 11 of 11 Posts