Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 CM with a TRUXX 3in lift and level kit on it (3" lift in the front 1" lift on the rear). I have firestone airbags for the suspension and a pullrite 12k superglide hitch. I will be pulling a 2010 Keystone Xlite 27sab 5th wheel. I am picking this trailer up and I want to be sure I don't have any issues. Will I have enough clearance between the truck box and the bottom of the trailer? Can the king pin on the trailer be adjusted down easily to give me more clearance if possible?

·
Registered
415 Posts
On most 5ers you can adjust the hitch down a bit. If that doesn't give you enough clearance have the dealer flip the axles on the 5er. Test it before you buy, make it a condition of the sale, they'll flip for free.

·
Don't argue with an insomniac.
5,569 Posts
I don't have any lift, but I've got good space between the front of the fifth wheel and the side rails of my truck. I did drop the pin on the front of the trailer one set of holes to allow me to have a bit more articulation.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You can pull a FW with a CM as long as you have a slider hitch. After alot of reading the pullrite 12k seems to be the most recommended.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
I don't have any lift, but I've got good space between the front of the fifth wheel and the side rails of my truck. I did drop the pin on the front of the trailer one set of holes to allow me to have a bit more articulation.
I did the same with my 5er, and it's helped me to acheive about 7" clearance to the rails.

I think the OP might have a problem getting his setup level, because the truck is lifted.

·
Premium Member
1,355 Posts
I started with 6ins. clearance that should put him on 3ins. Not going to make it. Most 5ers set nose high on a stock Tundra. You might want them to set up hitch for you. I had my dealer set hitch in camper and hook camper in hitch before hole's were drilled in truck for hitch.

·
Registered
347 Posts
they also make a 3" lift kit for the 12k super glide. i put it on my crewmax and i got tons of clearance. and i also have a 3" lift on my truck with 305/60/18 and mine sits ok. a little high in the front no big deal. dont flip the axles unless you have to makes it very top heavy.

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
But if you tow the 5er with the nose high, you'll load the rear axle more than the front. This can lead to tire failure.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts