Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the rear window down for a while yesterday to cool off the truck. When it came time to close everything all it did was go up maybe 2" and then it immediately reversed and went down again. :mad: Did that with the dash switch and when using the key in the liftgate. Tried various different ways with no success. I finally opened the liftgate fully and then the window closed completely with the gate in a horizontal position. :confused: Anybody know if there is a safety override like auto garage door closers have, to stop if an obstruction is detected, or is it time to schedule warranty work at the dealer?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hope your window starts rolling up again. I had my rear wipers not work one day and thought I had to take to the dealer then next day it started working again.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Darth, I can't help with the window issue, but wanted to point out to Ty2 (and any others) that the rear window washer/wiper will not work if the window is not fully raised.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm guessing that the regulator may be detecting a higher than normal load...so it thinks there's an obstruction, and as such reverses the window (this is indeed a designed safety feature). When the liftgate is up and the window is in the horizontal position, the load is much less...so the window closes. This is just my theory. Problem could be a bad regulator, and/or a combination of faulty regulator along with some needed lubrication on the arms and pivot points within the door.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm guessing that the regulator may be detecting a higher than normal load...so it thinks there's an obstruction, and as such reverses the window (this is indeed a designed safety feature). When the liftgate is up and the window is in the horizontal position, the load is much less...so the window closes. This is just my theory. Problem could be a bad regulator, and/or a combination of faulty regulator along with some needed lubrication on the arms and pivot points within the door.
Thanks TJ, makes sense. I'm guessing I need the regulator to fail totally or consistently and create a warranty issue because I believe I'd be charged if I request lubrication. Appears I need to test the window and see if this was a one time issue or a reoccurring problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts