Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This "minor accident" occurred xmas eve 2008 in the White Tank Mountains in Arizona. I've been meaning to post the details of my taco's encounter with gravity.

I had driven this mild trail at least 10 other times before this little mishap. My truck rolled over 3x's and once end-over-end after the trail gave out. Recent rains had erroded out the underside and when I drove across it... gravity kicked in.

The truck was an obvious loss and fortunately I had USAA insurance.

Believe it or not, after the truck was wenched out of the revene the following morning, I drove it 5 miles back to the main roadway. The oil pan, exhaust, coolant and air from one of the tires was missing, but it didn't keep her from wheelin' back to the waiting flatbed. I'm not sure how the back window survived.

I've since replaced it with a Tundra and have resumed wheelin' in the amazing arizona desert.

Attachments

·
Back from the dead!
1,778 Posts
DAMN! It made it 5 miles like that?!!?? Thats Toyota vehicles for ya...lol

Congrats on your new purchase, sorry for this loss..

·
Ever the explorer
2,391 Posts
Holly cow!
the cab held up great not much collapse at all.
So was this on the north end of the white tanks off of sun valley parkway? used to be a great back way up to the towers but it got very nasty over time. the way in by the cat proving grounds was always blocked off.

·
Deliciously Blunt
5,667 Posts
Despite the fear of sounding insensitive....that is farking cool!

That thing got the snot beat out of it, and still drove 5 mi off-road.

I assume you're OK since you had the wherewithal to post this thread.

Sorry about losing your Taco though....losing a taco is never an easy thing...I'm going to stop right there

·
Registered
259 Posts
its crazy how you drove 5 miles with a truck looking like that
this reminds me of killing a toyota on TopGear

who said new toyotas are not tough:D

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Wow... Just wow. Glad to hear you have USAA. They have always been great for us, good to know they are good in such situations as yours as well.

I can't imagine trying to drive something in that shape, let alone five miles over rough terrain.

·
Registered
318 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts