Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking to get some fog lights for my 09 DC, i've been reading about how to wire them in, etc. when I realized that mine was already pre-wired. My question is can I buy just the fog lights and switch or do I have to spend a couple hundred and get the whole wiring harness and everything else? Also where is the best place to get something like this (OEM or something similar is fine).

·
Registered
397 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
tundraparts.com he will hook you up. right now he has some on sale for 199.00 i am holding out for a new setup with a switch that is red to match every thing else.
tim

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I can't just buy the fog lights themselves, plug them in, and thats it? I have to buy all the wiring, relays, etc. even though its pre-wired and all already there?

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
So I can't just buy the fog lights themselves, plug them in, and thats it? I have to buy all the wiring, relays, etc. even though its pre-wired and all already there?
its all not already there. wiring harness may be there but the relays etc arent. obviously a switch is not either. if u want to do it the way toyota did it you'll need the multi function (turn signal) switch and take the steering wheel off and do that whole mess to install it. or just get some fog lights and wire them up yourself to a aftermarket switch and be done with it. but no its not a plug and play. kinda like some of the other things. teh backup camera is plug and play but sonar sensors although prewired arent a plug and play either....still odd to have empty plugs under the bumpers for sonar sensors and nothing to make them work unless u buy all the rest of the stuff but thats 'yota for ya.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
its all not already there. wiring harness may be there but the relays etc arent. obviously a switch is not either. if u want to do it the way toyota did it you'll need the multi function (turn signal) switch and take the steering wheel off and do that whole mess to install it. or just get some fog lights and wire them up yourself to a aftermarket switch and be done with it. but no its not a plug and play. kinda like some of the other things. teh backup camera is plug and play but sonar sensors although prewired arent a plug and play either....still odd to have empty plugs under the bumpers for sonar sensors and nothing to make them work unless u buy all the rest of the stuff but thats 'yota for ya.
That sucks, I was hoping I'd get lucky

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
That sucks, I was hoping I'd get lucky
u could cheat and do the super easy way out like i did on my wifes 05 sebring when she had it...she got tapped on the front bumper and needed a new bumper cover so we had insurance buy the one with the fog light holes....then all i did was buy the lights from chrysler and went to pick ur part place and researched what cars used the same bulbs and bought two connectors that plug right in to the bulbs then just wire tapped them into the headlight wires....anytime we had the headlights on she had them on anyway, like in my truck i never use the switch to turn them off....so they always just come on with the headlights.... especially since they arent really "fog" lights anyway, just aux driving lamps people and manufacturers simplify by calling them fog lights....thats the easiest way unless u just really want control over them....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts