Toyota Tundra Forums banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Never buy new vehicles that are introduced -- they are usually riddled with problems. This is the lesson I learnt the hard way.

I always buy the last yr model of the current generation to be sure it has the least problems. But I was terribly wrong in buying the 2006 Highlander -- thought 2001 - 2006 would have taught Toyota to fix its numerous issues. But they didn't and I am stuck with a tranny that is so f..cked up, I am beginning to think this is my last Toyota.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Loytotoy, nobody has any idea what the 2.7 is. It's not the 2.7 from the Tacoma. I'm not sure if it's a reworking of the current 2azfe 2.4l, or if it really is "all new" as they say. Either way, that powerplant is supposed to go into the mmc of the Camry, Rav4, Scion etc... Shouldn't be unrealistic to get 200hp and 190ftlbs. Many people don't like the harshness of large I4 engines, but if you've driven Honda's 2.4, (in the latest incarnation, exhaust facing back, in the 08 accord or 07+ crv) it is very smooth, and perhaps Toyota can match that.

There were rumors of this 2.7 going into the HL, perhaps overseas and not here. I think the new HL is way to big, but I would love the Rav4 or Venza with a decent but efficient and low cost powerplant, and hopefully with a 5/6speed auto. I think that really holds the Rav back against the CRV sales wise, the rougher I4 and 4 speed auto (and more realistically the interior). The take-up of the V6 on the rav is under 20 percent.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It appears to fit in between the 08 Rav and the much larger 08 HL
I don't think the Vezna will do to well unless its priced cheap. I don't like the styling...I don't know. We will see

·
Premium Member
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
The shape of things to come. The Venza is a departure from the Truck Looking vehicles.

It will be on par with Toyota's Flagship sedan Avalon in amenities. Not geared toward the budget conscious.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hmm... Hard to reinvent the wheel. If you imagine a scale with a truck looking vehicle on one end and a station wagon on another that's how much creativity modern car manufacturers have in the so called "CUV segment". You can try to cheat yourself but Venza is looking like bloated and glorified station wagon. She still can be a great utility vehicle though and definitely will have it's share of buyers going for a Toyota badge.

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
From the pictures the dash appears austere and the forward-placed shifter looks like it would be awkward from an ergonomic perspective. Will have to sit in it and test drive to see how it'll feel.

·
Registered
37 Posts
With the 19 or 20 inch wheels on a car that small it just seems like it would have a uniquely smooth ride over the sudan class and beat the stiffness of the suv class; so what is the suspension most simular to?:juggle:

·
Registered
666 Posts
I kind of like it. It seems like a good move on Toyota's part, you get most of the perks of an SUV with the MPG's of a car. One thing is for sure, Toyota knows its customer's I would be willing to bet it will sell well. Seems like it could steel some Subaru Forester sells.

·
Lifer - Moving Forward --->
498 Posts
Wish there was a Hybrid offering too. We love our Hybrids and this looks closer to what I had hoped for the Highlander to look like.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I agree... I am sure it is in the works. They probably just don't want to spoil the sells of the 3rd Gen Prius which should be showing up about the same time. Also, if they release it after the Prius, it will most likely come with Synergy 3 which will be making its debut in the 3rd Generation Prius. Just my hypothesis!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was looking for some pictures of the Venza and I came across a website that has a ton of pictures for almost every brand of vehicle. Below is a link that will take you right to the pictures of the Venza ... and they have very nice high res pictures too :)

Enjoy!

Toyota Venza (2009) with pictures and wallpapers

·
Tundra Solutions Founder
1,714 Posts
It's a totally cute car and I hope Toyota sells a million of them. In fact when I was talking with Toyota today I mentioned how important that it was that the consumer had many Hybrid choices when they visited the dealer. I'm thinking that 1/3 of the dealers inventory should be hybrids by the end on 2008. Gas prices are never going to return to the sub $3.00 level so we as consumer have to start looking for alternatives.

Thankfully Toyota assured me that they have many hybrid options in the works and the choices available to consumers will be far ahead of any competitor by the end of 2008.

I foresee the consumer will pay between $5.00 and $6.00 per gallon at the pump within the next six months - and the clock is ticking. I challenge Toyota to do something about it and show they're the company consumers need to come too.

·
Registered
11 Posts
i think this is toyota's way of bringing back the camry wagon. toyota dumped the camry wagon in 96 (just here in the US) and brought in the sienna. But with gas prices, and people who don't want a minivan, but wanted a bigger car with the comforts of a sedan prompted toyota to bring back the camry wagon, only in a crossover format.....comfort of a sedan (avalon and camry) and versatility of an suv (highlander).

If you follow closely, they did the same when they introduced the matrix in 2000. and my guess is they may do the same for the avalon in 2010 (avalon's scheduled overhaul) to compete more against mercedes and bmw. just a guess.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I saw three Venzas on the road today, two black and a red one, they were all following each other. I believe they were each a different trim because all the wheels were different. They looked very nice although they had the badges and insignia covered up so an inexperienced eye wouldnt know what it was, but I recognized it right away. I shouldve taken pictures with my phone but I wasnt thinking, I was too busy trying to keep up:)

But they did look VERY VERY nice!

·
Registered
70 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
I sat in a Venza today at the San Francisco auto show. The car didn't "grab me" because the interior is like those of Toyotas (and Hondas) other latest models - kind of plain and cheap feeling due to the use of alot of hard plastic on the door panels and dash, thinner carpeting, thinner headliner, etc.

Nissan was also criticized in the early-mid 2000's for designing cheap looking and feeling interiors, but Nissan has improved their latest models alot in this regard and now surpasses Toyota and Honda in my opinion. Example: I sat in Nissan's econobox Versa model and the door panel's middle and upper portions were FULLY padded! No hard plastic. Ditto all other Nissan models I sat in (except the Sentra).

21 - 40 of 42 Posts