Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
And don't bother telling me WalMart because I won't shop there.
Since you won't shop at Wal-Mart, have your local auto parts guy order 0W20 synthetic. If you are desperate, Ford has 0W20 dino-juice or go to your local Toyota dealership. 5 quart jugs of 0W20 name brand full synthetic cost around $22 at Wal-Mart FWIW.

·
Premium Member
953 Posts
I don't care what it costs at WalFart - WalFart has been very bad for this country - but let's not digress.
You just did.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Walmart, kragen, and of course toyota dealer. My Dealer has toyota brand and mobil1.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I order my synthetic fluids from Amsoil. I am a preferred (wholesale) customer. When I compare the price of the Amsoil I buy through my account (easy to sign up) to buying it at a store for the few places that carry it, Afterr tax AND shipping (it's at my door in 5 business days or less, sometimes as early as 3 business days), I am $3-4 per QUART (depends on which fluid I'm buying) cheaper than the few stores that carry it locally, and typically anywhere from $2-4 per QUART cheaper than Mobil 1 for comparable fluids/weights (I use the term comparable loosely here because I personally feel that Mobil 1 isn't as high quality as Amsoil oils, lubes, & fluids, and I've used Mobil 1 synthetic fluids in the past before switching to Amsoil). When you switch to Amsoil, you won't be making many more trips to the store.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I don't care what it costs at WalFart - WalFart has been very bad for this country - but let's not digress anymore than this.
You vote with your wallet, I'll vote with mine. ;)

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I order my synthetic fluids from Amsoil. I am a preferred (wholesale) customer. When I compare the price of the Amsoil I buy through my account (easy to sign up) to buying it at a store for the few places that carry it, Afterr tax AND shipping (it's at my door in 5 business days or less, sometimes as early as 3 business days), I am $3-4 per QUART (depends on which fluid I'm buying) cheaper than the few stores that carry it locally, and typically anywhere from $2-4 per QUART cheaper than Mobil 1 for comparable fluids/weights (I use the term comparable loosely here because I personally feel that Mobil 1 isn't as high quality as Amsoil oils, lubes, & fluids, and I've used Mobil 1 synthetic fluids in the past before switching to Amsoil). When you switch to Amsoil, you won't be making many more trips to the store.
I checked into the Amsoil, and at buying 4 gallons at once, with the $10 trial fee, tax and shipping it still came out to be about $8 a quart.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
i wish i could find the 0w40 euro spec oil for my wifes car but i can only find it at autozone...not at my favorite place in the world to shop- walmart. cant beat walmarts price. its great for my family :) hehe..

but then again, cheapest i can find her oil is 6.99-7.99 a qt for 9 qts....:(

good luck!!

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
"walmart. cant beat walmarts price. its great for my family hehe.."

Well it's not great for all the businesses they put under (not just small time competitors, but their own suppliers) or how many jobs they forced overseas, or their tactics so they don't have to provide benefits or health plans to their employees. But hey, at least you can buy a gallon of pickles for under $3. Seriously I urge you to do a little research into what has made those Walmart prices so cheap.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
"walmart. cant beat walmarts price. its great for my family hehe.."

Well it's not great for all the businesses they put under (not just small time competitors, but their own suppliers) or how many jobs they forced overseas, or their tactics so they don't have to provide benefits or health plans to their employees. But hey, at least you can buy a gallon of pickles for under $3. Seriously I urge you to do a little research into what has made those Walmart prices so cheap.
haha alot of my comments were only to push your buttons. :) you brought it up. that said, yeah i do shop at walmart. do i care? nope. it works. if i boycotted everything that cut costs at the cost of something else there wouldnt be anything left to buy. even at that, if i were to boycott them it aint gonna make any difference so i dont see any point in punishing myself by having to pay more money elsewhere. if i refuse to shop there aint nobody gonna notice and it aint gonna make any dent in their profit. even if a large group banded together it wont make any difference.

but its funny u say this...ever seen the southpark episode about walmart? its right on. go to the south park website and u can view full episodes. it really does tell how its f'd up things but its done so nothing i can do about it personally. now we got a president thats gonna f up everything else so who really cares.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
haha alot of my comments were only to push your buttons. :) you brought it up. that said, yeah i do shop at walmart. do i care? nope. it works. if i boycotted everything that cut costs at the cost of something else there wouldnt be anything left to buy. even at that, if i were to boycott them it aint gonna make any difference so i dont see any point in punishing myself by having to pay more money elsewhere. if i refuse to shop there aint nobody gonna notice and it aint gonna make any dent in their profit. even if a large group banded together it wont make any difference.

but its funny u say this...ever seen the southpark episode about walmart? its right on. go to the south park website and u can view full episodes. it really does tell how its f'd up things but its done so nothing i can do about it personally. now we got a president thats gonna f up everything else so who really cares.

Apathy never accomplished anything.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
Apathy never accomplished anything.
neither did one person boycotting a retail giant.

but back to your oil, good luck!!!

·
Registered
422 Posts
lets boycott the nations largest employer! maybe that will help with our unemployment problems.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
OIL can be found anywhere, but best price is WALMART.

If competition wants our business, all they have to do is JUST MEET that price and I'll buy from them.

I bought 5 jugs of 5 QUARTS SYN MOBIL 1 FROM WALMART AND 4 jugs of GASTROL 5 QUART JUGS and saved a ton off money on these tough economic times.

You will pay for a 4 quart jug AT an auto parts store what I pay for 5 at walmart.

That is a savings to me of over 70 dollars with tax in TEXAS and enough oil for two years of oil changes for my 2 vehicles so get off the high horse!

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.