Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

New to the forum and wanted to say hi and get some thoughts on some possible ideas i have been kicking around. I have read through almost every thread on this section i think, and i dont think these specifics have been covered, if they have i appologize for retreading it.

For info purposes i have a 2004 Access cab, step side, with no performance mods so far, and only very recently replaced factory stereo. Replaced head unit with a Alpine 9887, and replaced all the door spreakers with Mclass coaxials for now from Memphis audio. Sounds good after tunning it but still missing some low end to balance it out.

So hear are my ideas/questions:

I have seen a few 6.5 subs out there that say they can be used in free space applications and a couple even say you can put them in a door. Has any one tried this or may be a kick panel? I know it wouldnt put out serious bass but it seems like if the crossover was set right you could get some nice mid bass this way. Like put them in the front door, sound deaden it real good, and then add some 5 1/4 kick pannel componets to take over the mid high to highs. Any thoughts?

Another thing i have seen is a slim powered sub, crutchfield is selling one that is getting great review on their site from a comp called sound ordnance that people have rated 5 stars, it is only 3 1/4 inch high, might fit under front seat but not sure. They say it fills in the lows nicely but is not a rap or thump style sub. Anyone tried this or had any thoughts?

Last question, sorry for being so long, i think this may have been covered in here but any thoughts appreciated. Which first to upgrade, an amp for the 6.5s or add a sub/sub amp?

thanksfor any opinions and have a great day.

Dave

·
Beer Me
1,676 Posts
i know this thread is old but mclass speakers are badass, that was the number one coax we pushed at our shop, as soon as you put an amp on them they come alive. not much for bass response tho. they are just very loud and to the point. ass for bass, pioneer shallow mount subs are pretty good, and not a bank breaker either.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts