Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so recently traded in my '08 DC 4.0L Texas edition for a new '10 4.6L DCSR5. I had a 3" leveling kit on my 08 and had the dealer install the same kit on my new '10. I put the same wheels and tires on the truck but it seems considerably lower. does anyone have any input, or know if pro comp will be introducing their 6" for the '10 4.6L. In Iraq so i have time to wait. thanks guys.

2010 4.6L
305/55/r20 Nitto's
20' Enkei's
CAI
Gibson exhaust
Weather Tech matts
Nfab light bar & rear runner

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
engine size.

when i was doing my stuff for mine, i found several threads on various forums about the 4.6 and 4.7 trucks and the 4.0 V6s getting more lift from the spacer lifts than the 5.7 trucks. so...im bettin the 4.0 got more lift than the V8 4.6 just for the same reason. more weight on the front end on the new one. thats my (un)educated guess though. one of the manufacturers websites i looked at actualy said the 4.6 V8 2010s would need the 1 inch block in the rear to achieve a level stance since the 4.6 would get higher lift than the 5.7. so im assuming the V6 would be the same as compared to the small V8. thats my thoughts anyway.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i figured as much also getting a loud scrapping noise when i turn the wheel tight each way, took off mudflaps and can't see anything that would hit. could it be the skid plate?? would you happen to know if there is anything aftermarket for the 4.6L '10 as far as suspension goes other then leveling?

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
aint gotta clue. i also know some people with the same lift on similar trucks have reported different results so who knows...and it could be skid plate...just noticed ur tire size. since this one is sitting lower than the 08 it might be hitting just right. the skid plate is pretty easy to bend out of the way to see...or u could cut it or take it off or whatever...

·
Registered
916 Posts
Way off topic.... God bless you and be safe in the sandbox brother!

·
Registered
422 Posts
this throws an interesting twist to my decision since I have a 4.6 and plan on leveling soon...

steve - what lift is it? did you measure before and after so you know exactly how much lift you got?

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
this throws an interesting twist to my decision since I have a 4.6 and plan on leveling soon...

steve - what lift is it? did you measure before and after so you know exactly how much lift you got?
if it helps any, my 4.7 is probally comparable in weight (if thats what is really causing the difference) to the 4.6 and i got right at 3 inches from an ebay lift advertised to be a 3 inch lift, its like a truxx or readylift lift. mine's w/in a quarter of an inch of being level all around...but i think now i want to get some rake back, even though it is level it kinda looks nose high

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
Wouldn't any of the lifts work regardless of engine size?
yes. but from what has been discussed, the weight of the engine is different so that may be whats causing different heights since it all has to do with how the suspension articulates etc with the spacer....thats the theory so far anyway...but all that has been explained in this thread already

·
Registered
422 Posts
07 - was the kit you used just a front end lift or did it have the rear block with it?

now I'm leaning towards the readylift 2.4 level kit on the front and get the 1 inch rear block... versus a complete LRO or sst readylift 3/1 kit. Seems stupid to be obsessing over just a half an inch here or there but I know it makes a difference.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
07 - was the kit you used just a front end lift or did it have the rear block with it?

now I'm leaning towards the readylift 2.4 level kit on the front and get the 1 inch rear block... versus a complete LRO or sst readylift 3/1 kit. Seems stupid to be obsessing over just a half an inch here or there but I know it makes a difference.
Frt only. the details were in my budget mod thread i posted here recently. half an inch makes a difference though for sure...im still tryin to decide if i want to add blocks or not....it measures level but i think i miss the rake for a better look...i dunno....

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i appreciate the well wishes Spoon 059...and i did take the truck back before i came over here to see what the problem was and they told me it was the skid plate and i coudl bend it back.....i never thought about measuring it before, but i do not think i got the full 3 inches so when i do get home i will measure a stock 4.6L against mine and see where i stand

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
07 your right every half inch counts...or atleast thats what she said...lame i know...the dealer hit me with a $490 charge for this 3 inches so i am definetley going to check when i go home to make sure it was done correctly. the sent it out to get done so i have no idea who did it or what kind they used.....hopefully when i get home this will all be for naught, hoping pro-comp will come out with a 6" for the 2010 4.6L even though a little skeptical with those.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
07 your right every half inch counts...or atleast thats what she said...lame i know...the dealer hit me with a $490 charge for this 3 inches so i am definetley going to check when i go home to make sure it was done correctly. the sent it out to get done so i have no idea who did it or what kind they used.....hopefully when i get home this will all be for naught, hoping pro-comp will come out with a 6" for the 2010 4.6L even though a little skeptical with those.
you should have some time of papertrail on it to determine who they subletted it out to etc. if not, demand it.

FWIW i did order the lift blocks tonight for mine cause i think its just too "level" for me...it measures level but my eye says nose high. so im gonna put a slight rake back in it and call it quits.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
you should have some time of papertrail on it to determine who they subletted it out to etc. if not, demand it.

FWIW i did order the lift blocks tonight for mine cause i think its just too "level" for me...it measures level but my eye says nose high. so im gonna put a slight rake back in it and call it quits.

Yeah having some issues with the dealership bought my wife a highlander at the same time and brought two friends who also bought vehicles in the same week and when i came back to return the 3500 extended warranty the placed on my wife's car they treated me like trash even though i had just brought them over $100,000 worth of business....Toyota of Boerne...so i am going to get paper on everything.

And i think a rake back is definetley the answer it might measure level but if it looks off to your eye thats what you see everyday.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
Yeah having some issues with the dealership bought my wife a highlander at the same time and brought two friends who also bought vehicles in the same week and when i came back to return the 3500 extended warranty the placed on my wife's car they treated me like trash even though i had just brought them over $100,000 worth of business....Toyota of Boerne...so i am going to get paper on everything.

And i think a rake back is definetley the answer it might measure level but if it looks off to your eye thats what you see everyday.
holy crap...3500 for an extended warranty...they screwed u on that one...good thing u going back. get one through handy toyota or somewhere for a fraction of that.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yeah no worries they thought they could take advantage of the misses...but already canceled it, thats why they treated us like dicks..well the finance guy did. we all know that they make there bonuses on Ext. War. i did finad out that when you trade in your truck you can get a rebate of the extended warranty left on the truck too was nice to find out.

by chance do you know if pro comp lifts negate the warranty??

1 - 18 of 18 Posts