Toyota Tundra Forums banner

10 G Stereo Upgrade Tundra

3K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  reldapimp 
#1 ·
Upgrading my New Tundra limited with 4 -10 inch subs new componet speakers in the doors takimg out the back seats four the subs new tweeters up front JL 1000 watt amp for the Subs 2 450 watt amps for the rest of thye new door speakesr Custom instalitiom with storage compartment between the 2 sub boxes It will look like one unit Amps will be stacked on the rear wall under the back window Be ready in 2 weeks pics coming here's the subs I'm using
JL Audio Products: Subwoofers / 10W6v2

#2 ·
Upgrading my New Tundra limited with 4 -10 inch subs new componet speakers in the doors takimg out the back seats four the subs new tweeters up front JL 1000 watt amp for the Subs 2 450 watt amps for the rest of thye new door speakesr Custom instalitiom with storage compartment between the 2 sub boxes It will look like one unit Amps will be stacked on the rear wall under the back window Be ready in 2 weeks pics coming here's the subs I'm using

Wow, but really $10,000?! Like Borat says; That's nice...

#3 ·
you think you can fit w6's behind the seat? i was doing measuring, and i think in the DC that you can only fit w3's, and only 3 of them at that. because of the seat brackets and locations of seatbelts it makes it look a little cramped for 4 subs..have you got your measurments already done?

doh just read you were removing the back seat, didnt see that the first time...

#5 ·
And how will this sound any better than a nice setup with one sub in the back, and keeping your back seats?
"i want a stereo so loud it will blow girls clothes off!" no i cant knock the guy, i got 4 alpine type R door speakers and 3 jl 10w3's sitting on my floor right now. im starting to put them in next week. mines gonna have a 550X4 and a 1000X1 apline amps in it for power.

#6 ·
Thats cool man. I was planning a single or dual subs behind the seat, but dang, the bass is great w/ the stock speakers to me. I must be getting old..:D

#7 ·
Are you keeping your JBL head unit or going aftermarket? I'm curious cause I'm ready to upgrade this JBL to some better sounding Boston components. I was looking at a Rockford Fosgate 3 Sixty to be able to keep the head unit. Or maybe just wait till Crutchfield has aftermarket fit kits ready for us.

Please let me know. Thanks

#9 ·
Whatever Hoss, it's your money.:rolleyes:

I'm glad George Strait sounds awesome with stock components...he doesn't need 10k to sound good...It Just Comes Natural
Haha, werd there. I was waxing to Mr. Strait today when detailing my truck.

#10 ·
I am all about quality car audio, In my tC I have an Eclipse deck, Rainbow Component speakers, USamps amps, and 1-12" Image dynamics sub. I just never understood the bass so loud you can blow your neighbors doors off. I do have a buddy with a competition vehicle, but it is reenforced with concrete and only utilizes 1 18" woofer by RE.

#11 ·
Yes I will keep the stock JBL head unit and Navagation system they said they will use the RF 360 Digital Signal processor they said it will work great I hope so for all that cash ... also included is a new Compustar Alarm remote start system installed

Hope this isn't over kill LOL Have till Monday to finalize the deal...

#12 ·
You gotta ask yourself this simple question, "Is this what the millionaire next door would do with $10K?"

Or, how about $10K in a good mutual fund for about 6 years along with another $100 a month and having enough money to buy your next Tundra CASH even if you have nothing to trade in! Of course, in 6 years, your truck will be worth at least $10K and you can start the whole process over again.

Of course, the millionaire next door buys 2 year old vehicles so that the first owner pays for the bulk of the depreciation!

Real Debt Help - Get out of debt with Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover Plan.

#13 ·
I'm having 2nd thoughts now... All I wanted was some extra bass but the stereo shop made this system with the 4 new subs sound so cool... maybe I'll just go with 1 sub under the rear seat and a new amp keep all the stock door speakers ...

#14 ·
I'm having 2nd thoughts now... All I wanted was some extra bass but the stereo shop made this system with the 4 new subs sound so cool... maybe I'll just go with 1 sub under the rear seat and a new amp keep all the stock door speakers ...

4 is a little much. I got great bass out of an 8" Bazooka tube in my last truck. Best part is it would shake the windows, but if you got out of the truck you couldnt hear it at all. I dont need to be at a stoplight thinking I'm impressing 20 cars around me with my bass. I would much rather have it just for me in the cabin. And for me clarity is the key. Too much bass drownds out your highs and mids. We dont listen to hip hop, so I'll take crisp sound over bass anyday.

If you get that RF 360, lets us know how it works, or PM me please. I'm seriously looking into that as a way to keep the factory head unit.

#15 ·

That sounds like a much more cool system. I give you kudos for going that route:tu::cool:

#16 ·
Ok here's what I went with saved some money.. One JL 12W7 in a ported box this will sit on my back seat behind drver.. I will remove the factory JBL SUB under back seat and put the 1000 watt JL amp and capicatior The New Sub box is 34" wide and fits perfectly on the rear seat Plus I still have use of the small section of rear seat behind the passenger side to carry One passenger in rear... Sub wil be hooked up to a line level box amd volume controll for the new sub mounted on the dash Total cost $2000 The sub can remoed with ease if I need extra room for 2 more passengers only 119 lbs. LOL

saved $8000 Here's the JL 12W7 I ordered

JL Audio: Products

Also ordered the NEW VIPER 7900 Remote star and alarm with full color remote

Here's the link Viper - Security with Remote Start - Viper 7900

#17 ·
Sounds nice if your into all that especially if you're in your rig for along commutes, but I'd rather spend that 10k on a new motorcycle or performance upgrades. :D

When I was young my car stereo system was worth more than my car and I had my car stolen twice, two attempted thefts and broken into NUMEROUS times. Now I just run stock stereo and I have yet had any problems. :)

#19 ·
Whatever Hoss, it's your money.:rolleyes:

I'm glad George Strait sounds awesome with stock components...he doesn't need 10k to sound good...It Just Comes Natural
Yeah I have noticed country does sound better than other kinds in the '07. Could it be both George and the Tundra come from Texas?

Toyota has never been known for great OEM stereos. The OEM in my '04 was a POS. Waiting to see how this one holds up, so far its ok after adding XM, I do like the CD changer. I saved my Alpine system from my '04 so for about 600.00 I can upgrade it (new speaker only) I can have a better system than the JBL, which doesn't seem worth the money vs aftermarket.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.