Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I so far have not been able to find a solution :sad3d: but...

Anybody has an idea if there is a possibility to get a bull bar / grill guard installed on a Platinum Sequoia with the laser cruise control?

Tips/suggestions are welcome!

Thanks!
Rob

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
This is an existing issue. You can not use the DLCC and use a bull bar. I myself am looking at building a 1 off light bar to hold 2 driving lights while not getting in the way of my DLCC.

·
Registered
277 Posts
These guys show one fitting the Sequoia up to 2011.

Westin Automotive Products

They don't exclude the Platinum model, however it looks like it would be right in the way or just off to the side of the DLCC. Another thing to consider is just how much of an angle the DLCC has to it. If you're 2 inches away, it may still be an issue for the DLCC. Might be wise to tape something next to it sticking out and see if you have any issues.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is an existing issue. You can not use the DLCC and use a bull bar. I myself am looking at building a 1 off light bar to hold 2 driving lights while not getting in the way of my DLCC.
That would indeed by my second purpose for the bar.... Lights.

Let me know how you're doing. I'm sure that many of the Platinum owners are interested!
:ts:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
These guys show one fitting the Sequoia up to 2011.

Westin Automotive Products

They don't exclude the Platinum model, however it looks like it would be right in the way or just off to the side of the DLCC. Another thing to consider is just how much of an angle the DLCC has to it. If you're 2 inches away, it may still be an issue for the DLCC. Might be wise to tape something next to it sticking out and see if you have any issues.
Good point and i think this is why we haven't seen any of the vendors jump on this.
I have checked Westin out. Although they don't mention it, some of their retailers do mention it is not compatible with the DLCC.

I like the DLCC too much to give it up!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Me too! Despite the issues I have with it not matching the speedometer, I am surprised with how well it works. One Thing I really despise however is being cut off. The brake slams on pretty hard and the sirens go off. That however is a totally different thread.

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
The brake slams on pretty hard and the sirens go off. That however is a totally different thread.
I've always wondered if the brake lights come on when this happens? I'm assuming so but it could cause major issues if not.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts