Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a 06 DBL Cab SRT with 98,000 miles. The body is perfect and interior is excellent and engine is very clean. I only have the maintenance records for the things that the dealership did to prepare this truck for sale and the items listed on the Carfax. So far, it runs like new with no problems at all.

My question is what maintenance items need to be taken care of at 100k miles. I have already changed the oil, air filter and replaced the tires. I am talking about other items. I would like to make sure this baby lasts me a real long time.

Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
Timing belt, Water pump, Those should be changed at 100K. $600-$800
I would also clean the throttle body and mass air flow sensor.- you can do this maintenance on your own.

Chris

·
Registered
819 Posts
My Toyota Dealership put a sticker on the timing belt cover that has both the date and the mileage for when they changed the timing belt. I think that for all the maintenance, this is probably the most important.

Like when I bought a used Corvette last year, I went ahead and changed every possible maintenance item on the car. I have not had a single issue in 1 1/2 years-26,000 miles so far.

My 2004 Tundra has 102,300 miles and feels just like the day I bought it as I do keep up with ALL the maintenance.

Good luck and welcome.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Colant & ATF would probably be nice to replace since anyone thinking that they can go 100K+ has to be out of their minds!:p Driveline fluids would be nice if you think that they were not serviced prior to you getting the truck!

·
Registered
819 Posts
Ha, HOGWILD, I'm one of those who DID go 100,000 miles before doing my transmission fluid and I towed a boat from FL to MA/1,600 miles after I already had 53,000 miles on the truck and all the towing I had done thereafter, all with no issues. No question though, that it does need to be done.

I had my coolant replaced when I had the timing belt down with 84,000 miles on the truck.

To be safe, I'd either take the time, or have someone replace every fluid possible on the truck before starting the long-term relationship. I even fully bled my brake system last spring. Can't be too safe, especially with a truck going on 7 years/100,000+ miles.

I am DEFINITELY out of my mind, I know.

·
Premium Member
2,702 Posts
As has been mentioned, the timing belt will need to be done if it hasn't already
been done. I'd go ahead and change all fluids such as differential, ATF, transfer
case if you have it, etc. Hold off on the coolant if you need to get the timing
belt done, they'll do it then. Check to see when the plugs were done or what
condition they're in.

John

1 - 7 of 7 Posts