Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my new Tundra for about 2 weeks now and I went to plug something into the 12 Volt outlet on the back of the center console (the one on the outside, next the the backseat cup holders) and noticed that the outlet is loose. I can wiggle the accessory plug up and down and the whole outlet moves in the console like a clip may be broken or something. Are any of your back outlets this way (at least that you've noticed)? Sorry for the really lame thread but I've had no luck with searches. I might just have the dealer replace it under warranty if something is broken since I'm of the belief that a new $35K truck should be perfect.

Thanks,

Wes

·
Registered
28 Posts
It will be perfect - simply take it back to the dealer to get it covered under warranty.

Selling a product with thousands of parts, something WILL go wrong, that's why there's warranties :)

My friend had a brand new Ferrari 360 Modena where a 3" crack appeared underneath the door in the body work. Money doesn't necessarily mean that there will be no problems.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It will be perfect - simply take it back to the dealer to get it covered under warranty.

Selling a product with thousands of parts, something WILL go wrong, that's why there's warranties :)

My friend had a brand new Ferrari 360 Modena where a 3" crack appeared underneath the door in the body work. Money doesn't necessarily mean that there will be no problems.
Yeah, on something as complicated as a modern Automobile, odds are that something will go wrong at some point. I'm just glad that it's something like one of the four 12V power outlets rather than a major power train component. It's also not like the outlet is completely non-functional either; I'm just more picky than most about stuff like that. Having said that, I love this truck and have no regrets about my purchase.

Thanks,

Wes

1 - 3 of 3 Posts