Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched the forum but not found anything. My cigarette lighter works, but none of my other 12 volt outlets work in the truck even when it is running. Does anybody know if there is a fuse (and where is it located) that controls these outlets? I looked in the fuse box on the driver's side under the hood and no fuses were blown. Any help would be appreciated.:ts:

·
Registered
154 Posts
I'm having this same problem after plugging my compressor in to the aux. power outlet now no cig lighter or anything checked the cig lighter fuse and it's not blown but my mind is anyone have any ideas!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
My power outlets only stay on for 5 to 10 min. after the key is turned off. Some of my other vehicles keep the power outlets on all the time. Supposed to keep you from running down the battery. 2007 DC

·
Registered
315 Posts
I'm having this same problem after plugging my compressor in to the aux. power outlet now no cig lighter or anything checked the cig lighter fuse and it's not blown but my mind is anyone have any ideas!!
The answer to your questions could easily (*and likely) be the fusiable link located on the back of the 12 volt plug receptacle.
There is, what appears as a small 'jumper wire' that goes from the pos. spade to the center pin of the connector.
This is NOT a jumper wire. This is a fusiable link, and if you over draw the plug it will blow.
You can replace it with a new fusiable link or a piece of wire (if you have the line fused, and you do so I dont know why they use fusiable links on the tundra, it may be because the socket is outsourced and used on other vehicles).
Or buy a new receptacle.
~JH

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
My power outlets only stay on for 5 to 10 min. after the key is turned off. Some of my other vehicles keep the power outlets on all the time. Supposed to keep you from running down the battery. 2007 DC
One of them is supposed to remain on for 2 hours.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
The answer to your questions could easily (*and likely) be the fusiable link located on the back of the 12 volt plug receptacle.
There is, what appears as a small 'jumper wire' that goes from the pos. spade to the center pin of the connector.
This is NOT a jumper wire. This is a fusiable link, and if you over draw the plug it will blow.
You can replace it with a new fusiable link or a piece of wire (if you have the line fused, and you do so I dont know why they use fusiable links on the tundra, it may be because the socket is outsourced and used on other vehicles).
Or buy a new receptacle.
~JH
So if one of the 4 outlets has a blown wire (fuse is good) that knocks out all the others? I did find the power outlet fuse and the cig fuse. Both looked good. Cig works others don’t. That doen’t make sense to me as each unit should be separate for the wiring but using the same fuse.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the tip here as my 2011 crewmax has this exact prob. I’ll try and find some fusible link

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
So, I have this very same issue on my 07. Power outlet under the dash, one inside the console box and one on the back of it, all not working. I understand from reading that the three of them all powered by the same position on the fuse panel with a 15a fuse marked, "pwr outlet".

Have pulled the fuse, it looked fine, but replaced it anyway. Still no luck. Anyone have suggestions here? :frown2:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts