Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
This is my first post. I drive a 2010 DC Tundra. Great truck!

Really could use some guidance. Hope this is not critical. Plugged in a 180W tire compressor/inflating device into the 12V/120W power outlet next to the cig lighter. Worked for 1 minute and stopped. Now none of the 12V/120W power outlets work. Sourced all fuses in engine compartment and under the dash. All fuses appear good. Replaced those in question with other matching amperage. Also determined other devices associated with fuses in question work ok. Tryed a search light in the outlet, did not work. Tryed the search light in another car, it works. Tryed the compressor/inflating device in another car, it works. All points to the power outlet system.

Is there some kind of fusible link associated with the 12V/120W power outlet? Is it behind the power outlet? If so, can this power outlet be removed without removing the dash?

Dang, I hope I haven't fried something.

Many, many thanks in advance.

ScORcHeR
North Carolina

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
all is ok!

1. the tip of the search light plug did not touch the back of the power outlet.
2. power is going to the power outlet. confirmed w/ ohm meter.
3. power outlet has a "reset". after turning off the key and restarting the engine, the electrial protection function is reset.

ScORcHeR:happy3d:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just tried to power a blender and mine doesn't work lol. I hope that maybe restarting the truck will help (the reset function mentioned above).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts