Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have had my uni-chip in the truck since it had about 35,000 or 40,000 miles on it.......right off the get go I noticed better shifts, higher rev on tach, top end gov removed, and better milage (when it wasn't WOT).......mine was one of the first Jack at uni-chip sent out this way.....I was so happy with it I tucked it up under the dash and forgot about it.......well the other day my wife asks me......what is this hanging out down here.....( uni-chip harness)....as I went to tuck it back up under the dash , I realized That I had never tried ....MAP-B on it.....soooooooo, I did , well I am here to tell ya I am back to grinning agian.....3 days now and zero codes.........so I guess this is my 100,000 mile uni-chip report........

·
Back from the dead!
1,778 Posts
LMAO!! You forgot?!?!? Man, glad you found it now. Keep us posted on Map B. :)

·
Premium Member
2,829 Posts
Wow, that is GREAT! :tu::tu:

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know ,I know , I'm getting old I guess, I was just so happy with the first position (a) I just tucked it away........I thought about it (b) a couple of times, but figgered what the heck, it runs good now. But with it in the other map (b) I think I "may" have heard my tires chirp 2nd gear...............but I couldn't be sure, its been kinda wet down here in central Fl, so safty is 1st.

My wife even said that the truck sounded different to her......deeper? maybe?......and deffinetly scared her when I did stomp it at 35mph the 1st time........grinzzzzzzzzzzz

I will keep the people informed of my impression of "B" per mpg-performance-codes-etc........

as always my .02

·
Registered
6 Posts
i like map b as well, in my 05 tundra 4.7l, ran my unichip about 25k, no problems at all. one tip dont unhook battery at all it will take the chip about 300 miles to relearn everything. been looking at buying an updated map from unichip has anyone done this let me know if worth it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts