Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went with a set of 16" "Anthracite" FJ Cruiser genuine Toyota TRD wheels, and am very pleased with the look, factory fit, and installation. I have not seen another 2005.5+ Tacoma on the road with these FJC wheels, so I wasn't exactly sure how they would look. I am trying to keep high quality genuine Toyota parts on my Tacoma, and I thought these looked pretty sharp. Americas Tire Store did the work and I was very pleased. They broke one of my TPMS tire sensors during the removal process and replaced it with another one at no charge, and I have zero balancing issues. Truck rides smoother now than it did when it was new! The tires are stock size 265/70/16 Yokohama Geolander AT/S.

I also want to thank member TACOZILLA (Shannon) for his great TEXAS customer service when purchasing these!!! If other members are interested in purchasing a set, I highly recommend going through Shannon at Champion Toyota in Houston, TX. Here is the link and contact info:

Toyota Parts, Genuine Toyota Parts, Toyota Accessories, TRD Performance Parts, Houston Toyota Dealer, Champion Toyota Gulf Freeway, Houston Texas

Shannon Brookshire

Internet Part Sales
Champion Toyota of Houston
1-800-327-2087

NOTE: I also have a complete set of 16" TRD "OFF-ROAD" wheels FOR SALE. Here is the link to view them:
http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/classifieds/91958-genuine-tacoma-trd-16-off-road/

·
Registered
24 Posts
Man those look sweet! :cool: What is "Anthracite"? Is that the color...like coaly/grey? I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on some wheels/tires. I've seen some rigs around my area with the FJ's on 'em. But they are all a matt silver. Once again, they are really nice!!:tu:

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's like a "gun metal" color. They have a silver painted version of these, but they don't look as good in my opinion.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey great, thanks for the info sparkyy. I agree with the color too. :tu: Now another silly question. Is it best to buy these wheels from a Toyota dealer, or from a tire/wheel shop?

Thanks!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They are only available through Toyota dealers. Toyota dealers in my region don't even carry the "Anthracite" color wheel, but I could purchase the silver painted ones. These are the factory alloy wheels that were installed on the 3000 limited edition black FJ Cruiser "SE" models. I think the TRD SE modles have sold out already.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Were you able to use the TPM sensors from your other wheels for the FJ's? I also want to add the FJ wheels to my 07 Tacoma, but I have the steel wheels and the sensors don't fit :cry:

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
I went with a set of 16" "Anthracite" FJ Cruiser genuine Toyota TRD wheels, and am very pleased with the look, factory fit, and installation. I have not seen another 2005.5+ Tacoma on the road with these FJC wheels, so I wasn't exactly sure how they would look. I am trying to keep high quality genuine Toyota parts on my Tacoma, and I thought these looked pretty sharp. Americas Tire Store did the work and I was very pleased. They broke one of my TPMS tire sensors during the removal process and replaced it with another one at no charge, and I have zero balancing issues. Truck rides smoother now than it did when it was new! The tires are stock size 265/70/16 Yokohama Geolander AT/S.

I also want to thank member TACOZILLA (Shannon) for his great TEXAS customer service when purchasing these!!! If other members are interested in purchasing a set, I highly recommend going through Shannon at Champion Toyota in Houston, TX. Here is the link and contact info:

Toyota Parts, Genuine Toyota Parts, Toyota Accessories, TRD Performance Parts, Houston Toyota Dealer, Champion Toyota Gulf Freeway, Houston Texas

Shannon Brookshire

Internet Part Sales
Champion Toyota of Houston
1-800-327-2087

NOTE: I also have a complete set of 16" TRD "OFF-ROAD" wheels FOR SALE. Here is the link to view them:
http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/classifieds/91958-genuine-tacoma-trd-16-off-road/

I appreciate the props! The wheels look sharp on your rig. If there is anything else you need make sure to give me a shout!

Thanks

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Were you able to use the TPM sensors from your other wheels for the FJ's? I also want to add the FJ wheels to my 07 Tacoma, but I have the steel wheels and the sensors don't fit :cry:
My original alloy wheel TPMS tire pressure sensors fit perfectly.

·
Registered
186 Posts
what kindof antena is that you have on your truck? never seen only like that before...oldly shaped...does it catch a lot of wind?

ps: looks good.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I purchased my fj grey wheels from Discount Tire! I found a dealership that had them, so I called up the local discount tire and told them what I wanted and where to get them. 4 hours later discount tire had them! One other thing, if you have a Car Care One credit card, it is now accepted at Toyota Dealership parts stores and of course discount tire. Worked out great.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Those wheels are so pretty...and they are such a reasonable price as well...

I just wish I could figure out why toyota wants so much for a set of the TRD off-road wheels...stupid sport has the crappy 17s...

·
Registered
50 Posts
I love the wheels and have debating with myself for a couple of months now. Local dealer has the silver ones but I like the darker ones a lot more. Are there any issues with back spacing or tire rub?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Zero issues. No rubbing of calipers or anything else. I think the front spindles, brake calipers, rotors, and suspension are identical on the FJC and Tacoma to keep production costs down.

·
Registered
22 Posts
the tires can be swapped straight from the off road rims to the trd rims right?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Wow! I have my new silver DC SB 4x4 coming in, and this post just screwed me up! Now I must have those wheels; thankfully my friend is the manager of a Commercial Tire. Maybe he can work something out. Wow, that is a great looking setup!
I have your pic as my desktop background. :ts:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts