Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have pictures of the 16 inch steel wheels that come on the 2006 toyota tundra, i ant find pictures anywhere... thnks for your help.

·
Registered
417 Posts
not to be rude but those rims and tires look god awfall needs a lift

·
Driver of 2 Tundra trucks
6,360 Posts
I think it looks great, don't lift it!

I roll on the same 16" steel rims with chrome center caps.
My tires are thin and of factory diameter.
My speedo is dead on perfect and the torque is strong.

I may go back to my ENKEI's for my fair weather tread, but my winter treads will stay on steel.

·
Driver of 2 Tundra trucks
6,360 Posts
here's the steelies from my '06. I pulled the hubcaps when I got the truck home.
Nice truck :tu:

My spares are on those.
Nothing wrong with them, do they make a center cap/bolt cover for them?

·
Registered
1,108 Posts

My spares are on those.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
That particular wheel style is what Toyota has used in the US for spares on almost every vehicle. They have been made in sizes from 14x5 on old 80's 2WD pickups, up to at least 17x7.5 for the new FJ Cruiser and it is also the base wheel for this model. This wheel painted silver is the wheel Toyota fits to milliions of trucks sold in other markets, take a look at some of the UN vehicles in the middle east, also lots of plain trucks in South and Central America. My '02 reg cab Tundra had these behind the $110.00 full wheelcovers that are a mandatory option on reg cab Tundra's in the SET zone. As far as other covers, I don't think any small center caps were used in the US, but the other world markets have a fewchoices. One local dealer had installed the 97-03 black, small caps that were standard on the Tacoma/4Runner base wheels on a few '07 FJ Cruiser's and they fit correctly. I don't know if the FJ's have thes loose in the vehicles or not, as all the others I have seen had no caps. These small caps were always a pain to install without bending the tabs. What kind of spares wheels does the 07 Tundra's use on the 18" wheel?

·
Registered
43 Posts
I assume you still live with mommy since you have her truck in your profile. If that is the case when you get in the real world and have to pay bills and a family. You will be like many with the steelies.

Long live the steelies..

·
Registered
43 Posts
I did change mine out though with some TRD wheel:D . Still kept the 245's just changed wheels. Cound't beat 300 for like new wheels.

·
Registered
251 Posts
If that is the case when you get in the real world and have to pay bills and a family. You will be like many with the steelies.

Long live the steelies..
Damn right....my choices are tires/rims, exhaust or feed my family and roll on steel rims :rolleyes:

·
Registered
75 Posts

My spares are on those.
Thanks! It's a stripper, but it's a great truck, and dirt cheap too!

No, there's no center caps or any dressing of any sort. (Other than the hubcaps I pulled off) I don't know what holds the centers on the styled steel wheels, but they might hold on my truck too. Painted black they'd probably look ok. I'm not really trying to get fancy with my truck though. :)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Damn right....my choices are tires/rims, exhaust or feed my family and roll on steel rims :rolleyes:
Good point, I think some people priorities are a little distorted. I noticed on Elton's page for his truck that he's only 20. Some day he'll figure out there are more important things.

For me, it wasn't about that. I've had some nice cars, '02 VW GTI, '04 Mazda RX-8, both were a blast and I raced them both.

My current race car is a 1990 VW GTI, I want to be able to put my efforts in to restoring and racing that. (Not to mention feed the family :) ) So, I picked a truck that would handle my needs.

Elton, in addition to learning that your priorities aren't necissarily the same as everyone elses, you should learn not to say something when it doesn't add value to the thread, and has nothing to do with the topic.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Where can you get stock wheels like these? This is a cruiser from overseas (wish we could get them this stock), but I'm curious if any other toyotas come with them in the US.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Where can you get stock wheels like these? This is a cruiser from overseas (wish we could get them this stock), but I'm curious if any other toyotas come with them in the US.

You could always get some steel wheels from toyota and just paint them silver. They would exactly like the wheels in that pic.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go back and read My post #10, that is just what I explained, those rims that are used all over the world are mostly used here as the spare. Quite a few 16x7's from base Tundra's with full wheel covers (5 per vehicle) and 17x7.5 from the base FJ Cruiser can be found. Just repaint them argent silver. The 91 DLX longbed Toyota I had once had these wheels in 14x5.5 but in 5 on 4.5 bolt pattern. The wheels on coma4by's and Satund's truck are the BASE SR5 steel wheels and I think were sold as an upgrade the the base base wheel in some markets, or either a lot of folks got them as take off as I have seen quite a few over the years. The base steel SR5 wheels were used on the rare 4WD V8 reg cabs from 00-02 at least when that model came with a SR5 pkg. Saw very few of these in the south. If you want the base wheels with the holes around the perimeter, they should not be hard to find and should be cheap. If You have a Tundra, look underneath at your spare. The appearance of the Tundra wheels and the export LC shown do vary slighty due to offset, the Tundra's are 15MM + offset, while the solid front axle on the export are -0- offset or very close.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yes I have the "steelies" on my phantom grey '06 AC. Personally on my truck, i think they look crappy. I just got the truck though, and like the tires which are still in great shape. I'd like to find some chrome replacement wheels and keep the factory tires.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I assume you still live with mommy since you have her truck in your profile. If that is the case when you get in the real world and have to pay bills
no your wrong i have my own place and i pay my own bills

1 - 20 of 20 Posts