Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering if anyone had researched putting 16" rims on a 2008 Tundra. Stock rims on my Tundra grade DC are 18". Can't keep footing the bill for these tires. The tires available for the 18" rims such as the BFG AT's, TOYO's etc. are HUGE money:doh:. Wanted to buy some aftermarket 16" rims to spice the looks up(steel toyota rims aren't flattering) and to have more tire options, as well as decreasing the price of the tires by 2-fold. HELP!!!

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
No you cannot. The cheapest thing is to stay with the stock 18". Why are you going through so many tires? And how many have you gone through in how many miles?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haven't gone through any tires yet. I just put BFG's on in place of the stock tires. They were $350 each. Too much for my budget. I was wanting to switch to 16" rims for next time. Tire wear is good so far(5k) but only time will tell. I'm also interested in the leveling kit but I've heard so much about eating through rubber I'm hesitant to put it on.

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
Those tires could not have been too much for your budget if you bought tires that you really did not need. And you should have those tires for a long time. I would not worry about tire prices until you will start needing tires. prices should change by then. i remember when 16" tires were really expensive. If you add the cost of wheels to the tire price, you will be more expensive than just buying 18"

·
Registered
58 Posts
There are TRD 17" wheels that you can buy which will clear the calipers, but 16's are too small.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Those are nice wheels. Still end up paying high dollar for 17" tires. Thanks for the info. SE2000, what lift did you use for your tundra?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts