Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm n00b. I just got my 2007 Camry LE on Saturday with an optional finance contract. So, tomorrow I'm bringing in my dad to co-sign to get a better interest rate and I'm debating weather to get the optional 16" alloy wheels. I love the car, but can't stand the steelies!

I guess my questions would be how much should I pay for the 4 16" wheels at the dealer and can they mount my existing P215/60R16 tires to the new wheels? I would really like the BBS RX wheels, but I guess they are not TPMS compliant.

I'm also debating weather or not I should get the clear bra, I hate the way they look, but if it's cheap, it'd be worth the protection. I live in California, but do frequient winter trips to the northwest and locally, so rock damage is possible.

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
I'm also debating weather or not I should get the clear bra, I hate the way they look, but if it's cheap, it'd be worth the protection. I live in California, but do frequient winter trips to the northwest and locally, so rock damage is possible.
The clear bra seems to be a good option if you want to help avoid the pits & dings that will eventually show on the front of your car. We just picked up our Camry last week (Black) and I've been looking for this product as well. Be sure that you check the quality of the material that you are purchasing. There are some out there that are relatively inexpensive but are probably a thinner material than others and will ultimately not protect your car as well.

The other issue you need to consider is the installation of the bra. I've been told that people who apply window tint can also apply the bra.

Has anyone had this product installed in the Southern California area that you can refer us to?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I don't need advise on the wheels anymore, as I retuned the LE and got a Hybrid. As for the clear bra, I'm still researching. I think you can buy the 3M kit online (ebay, etc), and take it to a window tint shop for installation (if they do that kind of stuff), but I'd make sure they know what they're doing because the pre-cut kits are about $200! Now that I have silver, I may not get it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I too will be searching more info' about alloy wheels to replace the ugly/heavy 15" steels on my '05...... I'm hoping I can just stick some 17" alloys on my LE off an '07, because all sorts of people are selling them.....

I asked a local window tint shop about that clear vinyl ("bra") stuff to protect the front of the car. He said he suspects that pre-cut stuff on ebay is thin and "cheap", as the asking price is what he has to pay for the uncut THICK quality stuff he applies.

My recently purchased '05 black LE is chipped up pretty badly on the front end.... almost makes me want to suspect the quality of paint. After I touch up the nicks from all the road debris, I think I'll have him apply his protective shield when I get my windows tinted with his ceramic tint.
(and we know that the paint is actually pretty good on Toyotas, right?)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts