Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I purchased my Tundra is had the steel wheels. I told the dealer I wanted the 18" alloys, so he ordered them. They finally came it, but they do not look like the 18" alloys I have seen on other trucks or the website. Rather than being 5-prong rims, they have 6. Can anyone provide some guidance as to what exactly I got.

Thanks.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Can u post up a pic of the rims in question please?

·
Registered
87 Posts
When I purchased my Tundra is had the steel wheels. I told the dealer I wanted the 18" alloys, so he ordered them. They finally came it, but they do not look like the 18" alloys I have seen on other trucks or the website. Rather than being 5-prong rims, they have 6. Can anyone provide some guidance as to what exactly I got.

Thanks.
I'm looking at the Tundra book now (the 38 page book that some dealers will give you) and on page 32 they only show five wheels coming from Toyota (I wish I had a picture to show you):

A - 18" steel wheel with P255/70R18 tires (no prongs, base wheel)
B - 18" styled steel wheels with P255/70R18 (5 prongs - I think these are the SR5 wheels)
C - 18" alloy wheels with P275/65R18 (5 prongs - the only 18" alloy shown as a Toyota option)
D - 18" TRD package wheels with P275/65R18 BFGs (5 prongs)
E - 20" alloy wheels with P275/55R20 (5 prongs)

Sorry, no 6-prongs. Sounds like it was a dealer/distributor thingy.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Gulf State Dist has a set of 18" alloys for vehicles already too far in the order/build sequence to order the factory wheels, or already shipped. These are installed @ port for 789.00 if vehicle had the upgraded steel wheels, and 899.00 if vehicle had the base steel wheels. These wheels have 6 spokes. Buying from dealer might cost a little more due to labor for mounting and shipping.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think LRH answered my question. I ordered the wheels from the dealer and they must have ordered them from Gulf States. I didn't see the wheels on the Toyota website as being available for the Tundra and was concerned I got the wrong wheels. I will try and post pictures later.

Thanks for your responses.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts