Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

As I mentioned in a previous thread, I just purchased a 2011 Rock Warrior. I am buying some 18" TRD wheels off Craigslist for winter tires and was wondering what size tire I can fit on them. Given that the RW has 17" wheels, I am a little unsure. I would like to go a little bigger than stock, but I am not sure what I can get away with on a stock rig without any rubbing issues, etc.

Thanks!

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,472 Posts
I would not go any bigger than the 275/65R18's that come stock with the TRD package. You could fit bigger tires in there but you will need some snow and ice clearance for winter.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
I would not go any bigger than the 275/65R18's that come stock with the TRD package. You could fit bigger tires in there but you will need some snow and ice clearance for winter.
Trying to make me look like the bad guy? Tried sending points but I've given you too many recently.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info. Sorry to have asked the question. I wanted to get some real-world feedback, not just some info off tirerack.com or elsewhere.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
Thanks for the info. Sorry to have asked the question. I wanted to get some real-world feedback, not just some info off tirerack.com or elsewhere.
yeah tirerack probally doesnt have all the best information.... you should look on tundrasolutions.com and do a search for largest tire size, etc....i think they have lots of info there cause its been discussed quite a bit. glad to help.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
You should be able to get away with 275/70/18s or 285/65/18s. Depends if you want more height or width.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts