Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Toyota website says on their Denso PDF File to use the PK16R11 if you are going to use a Platinum Plug and ya go to Denso website and they say application is a PK16R8? i know if you are to error to do it on the colder side setting and i suppose thats why Toyota has spced the 11 heat range cause it is next cooler specd plug! I have also heard that you do not wanta use a platinum plug in this engine flat out NO!! So will the Platinum plugs be any benefit over OEM Cheap plugs? or will they cause problems?? to top off the confusion my Chiltons manual says gap i guess the standard plug to.41 which does not match either platinnum plugs which denso or Toyota mention but i suppose that .041 was like i said for the conventional cheap plug!! I would like to get 50 to 60 K from a set of plugs cause R&R are a pain and that's only reason i wanta run Platinum's to start with but confused to which one is proper because of the missinfo from Toyota and i guess i will end up going with Toyota's PK16R11 just to be OEM correct IF platinums will work in this older V6 3.0. ANY THOUGHTS!

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went with the Denso Double Platinums and thing has a lot more pep!! Guess getting rid of those BOSCH 4 Plantinums was a no brainer!! Still cursing my buddy that said they were the best thing going for a Japanese motor?? Will stick with Denso's i used the PK16R11 and gaped them at .32 and she has some pep again!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts