Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed in one of the threads that there is a recall on v6 engines of my era. My truck is a 1993 pickup with the v6. I am the second owner, the truck is great, and has about 230,000 miles on it. I'm pretty sure it's head gasket is going. Is there anyone that can check to see if my truck is still elligible?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I own a 1993 T-100 with 173,000 miles on it. If not for an accident I would still be driving it. I LOVED that truck! I have it still in the
hope of restoring it. I recently bought a 2011 Tundra and hope it lasts as long.
In regards to your question, there was a "silent recall" due to a head gasket design flaw. in rare cases the gasket would blow-out between cylinder and coolant water galley. Mine went at 96,000 miles. Toyota replaced with a new short block. I believe the recall was only
good to 100,000 miles, still check with Toyota. Also, if you have the 5 speed, check the clutch pedal mounting bracket for cracks as it will affect clutch operation mimicking slave cylinder failure, etc. Toyota redesigned a more robust mount which I installed. Keep your '93
running its' a good truck. Good luck, Mark

1 - 4 of 4 Posts