Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a few questions regarding my truck. my 1994 toyota pick up is 4 wheel drive, 6 cylinder, with extended cab and camper on the back. it has 64K miles and i am hoping to keep this truck for a very long time. i've been taking it to oil change places but the last time i went they wrongly threaded the oil pan plug and it cost me $600 to replace the oil pan. so now ...

i changed the oil for the first time myself and am concerned with the amount my engine takes. i added 5 quarts of oil and it's so clean that the dip stick is difficult to read. can someone advise me on how much oil it should take for an oil change in this type of rig?

also, it looks like the oil filter is on the left side of the engine behind the driver side wheel well. is that correct?

one last issue. both the driver's side and the passengers side vent windows were broken into. i would like to do the work myself, but am having difficulty finding scrap yards in san francisco. can someone direct me to a good junk yard in SF? i keep hearing there are some out on 3rd street by the bay but i haven't had much luck.

any insights would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
The vent windows are CHEAP at Dealership and my little sister could install them, they are that easy! I think they are about 15.00 each maybe! I have bought them twice and installed them myself, only issue is if the moldings or frame work was messed up? If so the whole assy could be replaced for not too much. The glass alone is cheap to replace:tu:
you can find the manual for your truck in the link below and download it and look up the info on oil changes! 600.00 for a drain plug issue? you got took twice!! 64K man that is low mileage we gotta have some pictures just add them to your album!! my 93 is in my albumen and it's only got 241K with group of new OEM parts V6 3.0 trying to upgrade exhaust but having problems finding what i want! I use 5 US qt of Mobil Clean 5K oil 10W30 and run it 3K miles and use OEM filters from dealership, no FRAM junk on my Toys!
Toyota Tacoma/ 4Runner/ Tundra/ FJ Cruiser Factory Service Manual Page
Hardest thing to do is removing front skid plate but it gets easy after 2 or 3 times only 4 bolts and do not over tighten them. Get you a 3/8" drive torque wrench and a 1/2" and you can fix almost anything! the 1/2" torque wrench is needed for lug nuts & the smaller one is for drain plug on oil pan!:yo:
If ya need anything else PM me for info i am full of it and most of it is good:loco:
Price went up a little since last time i changed it $20.00 http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/index.cfm?action=getJointLocator&siteid=840&chapter=&sectionids=0,3263&groupid=7438&subgroupid=7438&componentid=10268&make=34&model=Pickup&year=1994&catalogid=2&displayCatalogid=0

·
Registered
170 Posts
you truck takes 4.5L of oil, i ust to have that truck, i love it more than my 02 tundra, i was going to do a supra swap before someone stole it, that truck has a natural rear wheel camber that makes it take corners at very high speeds with the rite tire, anyways. good luck and post pics and when you got some money aside buy a turbo supra motor and build it up and when your ready, drop it in, ............supracharged.com for more info, and car-parts.com for all your scrapyards

1 - 3 of 3 Posts