Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, I have a 1995 4runner Limited 4wd with the 3.Slow v6. My truck has 193K and I had both headgaskets done at 179k, so less than 15k ago. I think my problem is the fan clutch going bad, as I believe it is the original unit. My car heats up, does not overheat but goes maybe 3/4 of the way up on the gauge while going up steep grades and hills only. On the way down the hill it goes back down. I can drive at 80 mph all day long, in stop and go traffic, and sit and let the truck idle for hours and it won't heat up even slightly, but if I go up a steep grade, that is decent in length the gauge rises, of course if I turn the heater on, or go downhill, or back to straight aways/stop and go traffic it goes away. I also noticed that the problem is worse if the ac is on........Any suggestions???? Like I said the headgaskets have been done in the last 15k, and also the waterpump/timing belt have been replaced in the last 25k......I heard the fan clutch is usually the culprit in this situation, but I want to know what you guys think!!!!! Thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
well i know from my 95 that they run "hotter" than most other cars. thats why i am thinking of putting in a cold air intake. my problem is that gauges in mine. the oil one gave out but i really could care less cuz its 40 bucks to replace and i can just check it myself. but maybe the problem is your gauge. when you go up the hills, maybe it moves or something? i mean i know the old 4runners have that "distinct" humm when they go up hills that can be a little unpleasant. but as long as it runs good maybe if your really conserned check your fluids (coolant!) and then after you go up a hill, pull over and see how hot your engine is. if its like steaming, get it checked out, if not your probably okay

1 - 2 of 2 Posts