Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Driver of 2 Tundra trucks
6,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My X wife purchased this car new and it has been used/abused by her entire family.

I now have the '95 Camry to drive when I don't need to drive my Tundra.

The car has been well maintained and serviced, but with 232K on the clock it needs some TLC. The first issue was leaking valve cover gaskets and the possibility of gel/sludge. I took it to Japanese Motor Works in Athens, GA and let Peter Haughton and his crew work their magic. The good news, no sludge. In fact the internals are extra clean, but a small leak was detected from the crank shaft seal... I will monitor the leak for now.

My next challenge is to replace the struts, I'll start with the rear.

·
6,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All 4 new struts are installed.

The ride is greatly improved, but I'm now thinking new coil springs would have been a good idea...

·
6,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
New struts and springs made a big difference, but replacing the 'made in China' tires
with a set of Michelin tires made all the difference. Not long after the tires were
installed the power steering pressure line sprung a leak and had to be replaced.
The only real issue I have now is slow oil leak from the rear main seal.

Getting close to 250K and thinking of taking a road trip in her early this summer.

·
6,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
we are the second owner of the same vehicle. it now has 130k and the check engine light came on today. the ODBII isn't the same as on my 03 tundra. how do i pull the codes?
Sorry I missed your question.

My check engine light is on all the time, it's been checked, reset and it just comes back on a day later.

My car continues to perform great so I'm not really concerned.

·
6,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My crappy looking Camry is just about to hit 250K.
She is a strong reliable performer that deliver damn good MPG.
The Michelin tires I put on here are awesome :)

·
6,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Days after I installed a new alternator & battery, a lifted jeep attempted to drive over
my drivers side front fender. His f/r tire hit my f/l tire and he ran up on the fender.

Parking lot - low speed impact, but the impact messed with the alignment.

Alignment corrected ... other than the dent, no other issues - drive on.

http://athensga.craigslist.org/cto/5149526714.html

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
friend pulled codes for EGR valve. he said it's a carbon deposit that dislodges and throws a code when a line gets clogged. a week later light goes out and he said the carbon blows thru. don't worry about it he said. it's just barely passing emissions test also. we'll deal with that when it doesn't pass.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
With 256300 miles on the original power train, my '95 has been sold.

Long live the '95
Your Ex looks familiar..............

·
Supportive Supporter
1,140 Posts
What oil were you running in the old beast? (The Camry, not the wife :angrywife:)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts