Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1997 Avalon with only 67,000 miles. The driver power seat adjustment knobs move the seat up and down but the one that moves the seat forward and back does not work. Can anyone tell me how to repair this? I'm assuming since the other power seat knobs on the seat operate fine that it isn't a motor issue?

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
it sounds like a loose wire connection or perhaps a dirty contact area in the control mechanism. if it were me i'd start taking the control mechanism apart and inspecting it for the above symptoms. i have a 97 avalon with over 200k miles and my seat controller works great. go figure??

·
Registered
44 Posts
My 1996's switch moves the seat forward, but not back on its own.
But if you pull the lever back and use both feet against the front wall and give it a good push, the seat will go back.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2001 toyota tundra engine shuts off when shift to drive

I have a toyota tundra 2001 and the problem I have is that when I put it in reverse or in drive the engine turns off....computer says P0770 E solenoid....is this inside the tranny or outside where is it placed...my friend says to replace torque converter...has anyone had this problem?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts