Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 1998 Sienna with 211,912 miles on it, had a oil light coming on and off. Took it in, they went through a battery of tests including pulling the valve cover and looking at a still very clean engine and oil, and with 70lbs. oil pressure at idle, decided it 'must be' the oil pressure switch giving a false reading.
I picked it up after paying the man $200 for his troubles, started running around town and guess what came back on. The next day it was back to the shop after I ran around waiting for the light to come back on, it did. They went through more tests and just before pulling the oil pan looking for a plugged screen, ran across an internet thread with a similar problem pointing to the oil filter. They pulled the oil filter and was surprised by the black oil (different than the engine) coming out. They put in a new ($5 filter) and that seems to have fixed the problem. I'm still out $200 and should have just changed the oil anyway since it was almost due. Sometimes you just gotta trust your gut.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts