Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those that know me, I enjoy mod detail and continue to work this Toy. May not be
something many want to do, but, if you like a detailed engine bay, I am working to see what I can do
to detail more. The next step, what to do with those valve covers. You can paint or
powdercoat, but not many options after that, Hard to clean up these babies to original condition, especially after 10 years.

I decided on powdercoat to match my theme and my engine bay on the fire wall and fenders. Cannot do anything good with the OEM bolts, so, I changed them over to SS caps bolts to be different. More detail work is planned for more pcs in the engine I am working on. I like the look in person and shows well, IMO. Powdercoat work done in NH at RapidFinish. Some pics for you (in full view, sorry):

Close up of detail: (bolts purchased from Belmetric in NH)

A little busy on the right side (pulled the studs on oil filler neck to change to cap bolts and did dip stick while I was at it)

·
Premium Member
13,116 Posts
<sigh>

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
:shocked3d: now that's a clean engine bay :cool:

·
Registered
302 Posts
Very nice! I like the new bolts it really adds a lot to the looks!

·
Back from the dead!
1,778 Posts
That 10 year Tundra is cleaner than my 3 year old T... :(

Nice work man! It looks awesome!

·
Premium Member
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the comments guys, appreciate the feedback. Playing with some more ideas up front.....

I know, mod bug disease is tough to cure:D

·
Premium Member
13,116 Posts
How did I do? I think it looks good. I would do yours, but, need a week to visit ya.
The only way would to get a couple of junkyard valve covers, PC them, and then swap them out. I can't afford the downtime of having my truck out of service while I waited.

·
Premium Member
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The only way would to get a couple of junkyard valve covers, PC them, and then swap them out. I can't afford the downtime of having my truck out of service while I waited.
I am fortunate I get to do this as my ride is not a DD. I could not do some of the stuff I do if it was. This could be done in 1 day, but, only if a spare set was used up front. If I score any from contacts, happy to share with ya.

·
Premium Member
13,116 Posts
I am fortunate I get to do this as my ride is not a DD. I could not do some of the stuff I do if it was. This could be done in 1 day, but, only if a spare set was used up front. If I score any from contacts, happy to share with ya.
Thanks!

·
Registered
741 Posts
dayamn thats nice jbtoy you keep raising the bar to another level :tu: very nice job on powder coating looks like they matched your paint :thumb:

i think i got that mod bug disease :syringe:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts