Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1st 1k Miles

2K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  kwef 
#1 ·
Hey folks, wanted to convey the good and the bad w/ my breaking in of a DC 5.7 DC LTD:

The Good:

• Very powerful! Best passing truck ever w/ very smooth tranny and great handling
  • Sporty piloting, good visibility and well thought out interior
  • Surprisingly capable in mountain snow even w/ stock tires
  • Great looks

The Bad:

• Center column cup holders have too much girth
  • Extending visors short by 3 inches
  • Front passenger seat too high
  • Carpet on floors, (shoulda gone w/ rubber)

OK; #4 of 'the good' is subjective but everything else is based on driving it hard on snowy mountain roads. My biggest concern is that my erection is lasting way more than 4 hours...

See less See more
#3 ·
Awesome! I can't wait to give her the shakedown up I-70. That's where I determine the true ability of my vehicles...:tu: :D

#4 ·
I was heading to work this morning and on a three lane road running both ways. I had to get over and of course rush hour traffic is a pain. I had to dig into it a little to get in front of the person beside me so I could turn. Man, I am impressed. This thing ran like a scalded dog.:tu:

#5 ·
Awesome! I can't wait to give her the shakedown up I-70. That's where I determine the true ability of my vehicles...:tu: :D

Find a long clear road, the beast will get up to 100+ way quick! passed a farm truck on 105 in Brenham Saturday, I looked down and was doing 120, felt like 50.

I have 1200 miles after 2 weeks. I am pleased with the mpg and it my affection (and my other non tundra friends) for this truck is growing.

#7 ·
Good report, I 'm glad to see the "Bad" things are insignificant IMO

Just curious but what do you mean by too much girth for the cupholders and what is wrong with the carpet?? Once again just curious.

#9 ·
Just curious but what do you mean by too much girth for the cupholders and what is wrong with the carpet?? Once again just curious.
Exactly what jajeh5 indicated, standard size cups bounce around too much, just need to find the right cup or a bushing for my $30 starbucks cup!

Carpet in the mountains, especially ski season, tends to get trashed quickly. My FJ's rubber floors allow me to never worry about what's on my shoes or my passengers shoes. Again, not really a 'bad' thing as much as a personal preference.

#11 ·
Hey folks, wanted to convey the good and the bad w/ my breaking in of a DC 5.7 DC LTD:

The Good:
  • Very powerful! Best passing truck ever w/ very smooth tranny and great handling
  • Sporty piloting, good visibility and well thought out interior
  • Surprisingly capable in mountain snow even w/ stock tires
  • Great looks
The Bad:
  • Center column cup holders have too much girth
  • Extending visors short by 3 inches
  • Front passenger seat too high
  • Carpet on floors, (shoulda gone w/ rubber)
OK; #4 of 'the good' is subjective but everything else is based on driving it hard on snowy mountain roads. My biggest concern is that my erection is lasting way more than 4 hours...
Mtnrunner, can you show me how the visors extend. I see in the Tundra brochure that it says the Limited has visors "extendors". All the Limiteds I have been in do not have extendors, only a main visor and a secondary visor. Am I missing something?

KF

#12 ·
Mtnrunner, can you show me how the visors extend. I see in the Tundra brochure that it says the Limited has visors "extendors". All the Limiteds I have been in do not have extendors, only a main visor and a secondary visor. Am I missing something?

KF
The main visor will slide on the rod on which it's mounted so not really 'extenders' in as much as it will extend. If only it slid another 2-3"s!

#14 ·
The main visor will slide on the rod on which it's mounted so not really 'extenders' in as much as it will extend. If only it slid another 2-3"s!
That makes sense! Thanks, I will have to try that out. I was thinking about the 2006 model Tundra which did have a actual extension built into the mian visor, that would give you the extra 3-4" you are not getting.

Probably just wish full thinking, but I wouder if the 2006 double visor with extendor would even fit the 2007?

KF

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.