Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen a few threads covering this, and read a few on similar vehicles, but I plan on tackling this soon and want to make sure I've got everything I need before I pull my front end apart and get stranded. Other than the actual replacement CV shafts, what else do I need? I've seen varying responses on axle seals etc. and whether they should be replaced. Will everything come with the new shafts? Truck is a 2000 v8(4x4 obviously). Thanks for the help!

·
Premium Member
2,152 Posts
No, CVs usually dont come with new seals. Would be a good time to do diff seals (where the CVs go into the diff), and both inner and outer seals on the hub end, if you can afford it.
I would have an extra cotter pin for the end of the axle, if the new axles dont come with them...Nothing worse than breaking the old pin getting it out, and being stick with a torn apart vehicle for a $1 part...

And then, of course, if your wheel bearings, struts, LBJs, UBJs, tie rod ends, control arm bushings, calipers, rotors or pads need changing, now would be the time to also do those.

But I think that should be everything.

·
Registered
324 Posts
what he said.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts