Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a 1st gen tundra with factory seat heaters? My 2006 tundra double cab has them, but they were and after item installed by the port. They put small double pole toggle switches on the side of each front seat for the heaters, but it is my understanding that the stock location is the two small oval switch spots on the left side of the center console by the cup holders. I have place holders there now, but would be interested in getting stock switches to replace the aftermarket ones if there really are such things.

Anyone have them and able to provide pics and/or information on them? Names, is that where they are located and are they double position switches for Hi/Off/Low positions?

Thanks so much.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks so much. Wonderful write up. I've printed it for reference.

I searched and for some reason didn't find your thread. Thanks for the pointer.

My truck isn't factory wired for the seat heaters, but has an aftermarket kit put in by the port distributor in Florida, as well as leather seat skins. Any idea where I can find the pin layout diagram for the switches, and maybe some of the corresponding factory plugs? Would make wiring factory switches much easier.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You're in FL and need seat heaters? :D
Yeah, go figure. I just hate the way the aftermarket install has the switches in the base side of each seat. I can't tell when the passenger side get's left on, which means it cooks like a coffee pot for days until I discover it one day by accident.

They don't get used much this time of year, but in a month or two they get some usage for our short winter. LOL

·
Registered
318 Posts
when i bought my 03 ltd, the lady i bought it from said it she bought it with every option it could get that year besides sidestep bed(there so goofy looking). I was like sweet, i gotl ike 3 12v's and like heated side mirrors(and the coolest thing of all) and the power sliding rear window( very nice for backing up a boat into the water) but out of all the options i got, i didnt notice till winter..... THERE WERE NO FRIGGIN HEATED SEATS!!!! I thought that was so stupid.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, I have the rear sliding window and that's a great feature for visibility, ventilation, and something as simple as getting a car seat strapped into that rear seat. LOL

Seat heaters on mine were apparently part of the leather seat kit that was added by SE Distributing, the port for the SE United States. They work fine, and I could just relocate the little black swithes, but thought stock switches might be nice.

Just need to find the wiring pin layout on them and maybe the connector plugs.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I will be recovering my beat original seat covers so will find if there is even a heater installed.
Was supposed to have when bought truck new but never worked nor had an apparent on/off switch...
In SoFla so like many of its little flaws I did not subject me or new truck to Toy Stealership abuse after 1st Lemon Tundra(02 LTD) got fed a couple dozen boldface lies and excuses.
Then I got my 1st Computer in 2005 & found out about TSBs...

Ended up trading in Lemon for current, at a GREAT Deal in 8/05 off delivery carrier, and after the LBJ Recall and a refused Warranty Isfsue have never let them touch it again.
Do ALL the work myself.
Have learned to avoid cheapo parts, buy OEM or Proven Upgrades ONLY.
All I have left currently is O2 sensors replace, rear struts, left CV(when needed) & UCAs, as well as perhaps upgrades as need be.
Hope to keep another 16 years!
Knock on wood.
Replaced ft end expendable, ALL Fluids, ctr shaft bearing, upgraded to Bilsteen 5100s at level height and keep full maintenance up.

She runs like the day I bought her, just a bit more stiff.

It's a Love Story.

Will report back on Seat Heater findings.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts