Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wondering if there is a magnaflow muffler/cat combo that drops right into the stock sequoia exhaust.

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
I don't think so. I was trying to help another Sequoia owner with a Cat-back Flowmaster system thinking the chassie was similar to my Tundra....was not. Flowmaster carries a lot of configurations and does more research on lots of vehicles than most of the others. Nothing against MagnaFlow......but the sound I have obtained with my Tundra is sweet. Not loud, doesn't carry a drone in the interiro that would make you shoot yourself....just a gentle rumble!!

You might consider a 50 series muffler and a resonator to mimic what FlowMaster does with the 1st-Generation Tundra and have your local muffler shop hook them up with their pipe stock. If you're intrested, I can give you my part numbers for the FlowMasters I installed.

·
Registered
183 Posts
wondering if there is a magnaflow muffler/cat combo that drops right into the stock sequoia exhaust.
I don't know if it fit exactly, but I just got a magnaflow put on. Used existing cat pipes and existing resonater pipe beyond the muffler. So yes, there is a magnaflow that fits sequioas. I have had a flowmaster before...I like the magnaflow much better.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
You have a couple options with Magnaflow. They make a drop-in cat-back system that is bolt on. The kit number is 15808 and simply bolts on just behind the factory cats and uses all the factory hangers. That is the kit I have.

You can swap out the stock muffler for a Magnaflow, but the pipe diameters are different and you will have to modify it to fit. I think the magnaflow inlet and outlet pipes are 2.5 inches, while the oem pipes are something like 2.25 inches.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your replies. KDTundra I appreciate your thoughts on Flowmaster! I understand that there are many happy Flowmaster 50 Series SUV owners out there. Personally I'm a Magnaflow person, I've got a magnaflow muffler and cat on my 4runner and have been a MF user since. Thanks also OK State for your thoughts. czechm8 I appreciate the part number for the magnaflow kit. It definitely would be nice to have a full catback. How is the sound, did you notice an increase? Any mileage or torque difference? I saw gains on my 4runner, however I also had headers and cams done so it's hard to say how much was just due to the muffler/cat.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
I really didn't experience any noticeable mileage differences. Since I put the kit on when the truck was very new, and before I did any towing - I can't speak to the torque, but since the piping is much larger on the MF and the back pressure less, I would guess I lost a little low-end torque.
I love the sound. My wife, not so much. Nice low rumble. I do get some droning around the 1700 rpm range, but nothing a true gear-head would be annoyed by. Sounds very good when you open up the throttle!

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
On a side note...........I recently discovered that my MF muffler had split at the front seam after 80K miles. I pulled out my lifetime warranty and called up MF. They said it is rare, but have seen it happen. They sent a brand new kit to an authorized dealer near me and replaced it under warranty, with no hassles. I just had to pay the labor to install it. I didn't think that was a bad deal considering I was getting a whole new cat-back system after that many miles.

Very good service in my opinion!

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I wonder how it compares to the Bassani sound? I like the Magnaflow too, but I ended up getting the Bassani for the Sequoia. I didn't see anything that offered a kit with cat replacement. Most are cat back.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I got stock cats . . but they cut-out the stock piping just after the cats and fitted large piping w magnaflow exhaust. It's just awesome

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Cro-Show! I like your style...do you have any idea of the optimal diameter for the exhaust tubing in the sequoia? In my 4runner it was very specific how wide the tubing had to be and mandrel bent...to optimize the torque and flow. too wide and it shoots the torque to &*#&.
Too narrow is too restrictive. Can't wait!
PS. Love your green color! My 4runner is green and I wanted a green 2005-2007 Sequoia Limited. VERY HARD TO FIND USED! I went with the silver/grey which is still a great color, but green is still my favorite! Also the Sequoia whites are very nice.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I think the factory diameter is only 2.25", so to connect an aftermarket muffler will take some flare of the tubing if you can't find the diameter of inlet/outlet you're looking for.

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
I have the flowmaster on my Tundra and the Magnaflow cat back system on my wife's Seqouia. They both sound great. The regular 40 series Flowmaster is louder then the Magnaflow but yet they both have a great sound. The cost is the biggest difference.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
It depends on what model of Flowmaster you're talking about petcutz. The Super 40 is almost as loud as stock, but the regular 40 series is very loud. The Flowmaster Hushpower II is perfect, and mellow at low rpm...but when you get on it....you can get increased volume with a great sound similar to Magnaflow or Bassani or Spintech.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi Cro-Show! I like your style...do you have any idea of the optimal diameter for the exhaust tubing in the sequoia? In my 4runner it was very specific how wide the tubing had to be and mandrel bent...to optimize the torque and flow. too wide and it shoots the torque to &*#&.
Too narrow is too restrictive. Can't wait!
PS. Love your green color! My 4runner is green and I wanted a green 2005-2007 Sequoia Limited. VERY HARD TO FIND USED! I went with the silver/grey which is still a great color, but green is still my favorite! Also the Sequoia whites are very nice.
Thanks bro, I love the rig too. My dad just got an m3 so the truck is mine, and I'm 17!

·
Registered
4 Posts
On a side note...........I recently discovered that my MF muffler had split at the front seam after 80K miles. I pulled out my lifetime magnaflow warranty and called up MF. They said it is rare, but have seen it happen. They sent a brand new kit to an authorized dealer near me and replaced it under warranty, with no hassles. I just had to pay the labor to install it. I didn't think that was a bad deal considering I was getting a whole new cat-back system after that many miles.

Very good service in my opinion!
I should say you're lucky if they replaced it otherwise I've always felt the label 'warranty' is just to attract the buyers. Most of the dealers are not of much help when it comes to replacing under warranty cases, definitely mine isn't.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts