Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
2015 Toyota Tundra DC SR5 5.7L
8,536 Posts
It is not only illegal, it is blatantly stupid to tint the windshield of any vehicle. You've just cut your nighttime visibility by half. If you get in any accident, you (and your insurance company) are going to get skewered in the subsequent lawsuit. Conceivably, your insurance could balk on any liability due to this modification leaving you with the financial bag. Think about it.

I strongly suggest you remove it immediately.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It would be different to me if i lived in the san Fernando valley in CA or anywhere else besides SC but I have had no problem with my tint in the past 3 years. My future HIDs will help with the visibility

·
2015 Toyota Tundra DC SR5 5.7L
8,536 Posts
It would be different to me if i lived in the san Fernando valley in CA or anywhere else besides SC but I have had no problem with my tint in the past 3 years. My future HIDs will help with the visibility
So, you'd push the onus of your poor visibility on other drivers. Nice. Your "future HIDs" do nothing but create enormous glare for oncoming traffic.

·
Premium Member
5,061 Posts
It is not only illegal, it is blatantly stupid to tint the windshield of any vehicle. You've just cut your nighttime visibility by half. If you get in any accident, you (and your insurance company) are going to get skewered in the subsequent lawsuit. Conceivably, your insurance could balk on any liability due to this modification leaving you with the financial bag. Think about it.

I strongly suggest you remove it immediately.
did he tint in windshield or just the front two door windows and the rear window?

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
He did 25% on the windshield. Look at his pics. He deleted that info from his original post.

I agree....that is very stupid to put tint on a front windshield...just as stupid as guys putting very dark tint on headlights and brake lights.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I have 3 cysts developing in my right eye, so sorry if Im breaking the law to try and prevent irritation to my eyes. Thanks apimpdad, its alot more common down here than in CA

·
Registered
587 Posts
Tint is always the first thing I do. 5% all around but the windshield. 25% isn't dark at all, Ive seen people with 5% driving at night with sunglasses.

·
Premium Member
680 Posts
I have 70% on my windshield and I see just fine. There is absolutely no way other drivers are at risk because of my tinted windshield.

3% all around, 70% on the windshield. I wouldn't have it any other way...

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
haha we just had a thread closed where some nitwit thought it was cool to tint his windshield and then the smarter ones created a debate strong enough it got closed by a moderator. im suprised at the number of people who think that window tint on the windshield is ok...oh well.

·
Premium Member
680 Posts
im suprised at the number of people who think that window tint on the windshield is ok...oh well.
I'm surprised at how many people think we care what others say we should and shouldn't do to our vehicle. ;)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts