Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have yet to take my truck in for the first oil change. I have the two year maintenance free with the truck and I was wondering if anyone knows if they do synthetic oil for it. I have seen that Toyota recommends synthetic and if that is the case shouldn't the dealer put synthetic in it?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm not 100% sure but this may be one of those YMMV items. I have read here on TS that some members have had oil changes via the dealership and they had used a synthetic blend while others have received fully synthetic oil. It peaked my curiousity and I called my dealership yesterday b/c I have the same plan that you do. Thankfully, the service manager at my local dealership believes in no more than 5,000 mile oil change intervals as I do and they only use fully synthetic oil in the Tundra's. I would say to call your local dealership and talk to someone in the service department to verify what you will receive.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will do. With synthetic I thought the interval was 10K miles. I have done some oil analysis before and the synthetic stuff was still like new after the standard stuff was done for, on 4 stroke outboard engines (very hard treatment).

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
That is a nice promotion.:tu:
Would be even better to have one like BMW 4y or 50k:rolleyes:

·
Registered
121 Posts
My dealer threw in a Toyota platinum 65 K maintenance plan. Covers all the service recomendations and I do not know yet if synthetic oil is included. It covers the cabin air filter and other normal use service requirements. I doubt if it includes the synthetic but it's still nice particularily for FREE.

·
Registered
52 Posts
The maint plan here includes synthetic oil.They told me Toyota calls for that in the 5.7
The plan at any Toyota Dealership is a 25k maint plan.Which includes 5 tire rotations and 5 oil changes.Im going to have mine done at the same time even though synthetic in the 5.7 can go 10k miles.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts